Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to let everyone know... If your injected bike is not wanting to do much more than idle, check for a broken fuel line inside the tank. I bought my 98 st2 last year as a project, did the belts and a couple other things and never really got it running until yesterday I pulled the tank apart due to some weird noises coming from fuel pump. Turns out the line between pump and filter was split, letting the pressure out. This also goes for cars and trucks. I've seen this problem on a few different vehicles from my Camaro to a few different Audis and more!

For the Ducati I was able to just blow out the fuel filter, trim the broken part of the line off, blow out the screen, lube up and ease the o ring back into the tank to get her ripping perfectly until I get a new fuel filter and accessories in the mail. Didn't even need to replace the 32k mile old fuel pump! :)

http://instagram.com/p/002IObRETc/

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Yep, it's a very typical failure point, most Ducati owners with older bikes have experienced it prior.

You should for sure replace the fuel filter. Its a BMW 2002 filter, so very easy to find at a local parts place and as you found out, very easy to replace. The filter screen is cleanable, but the fuel filters are not. The pump BTW is a FIAT part, so if it does go belly up, do a cross-reference on google and you'll find a picture of it.

It's nice to know there are some standard parts in our Italian machines after all! :)

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Umm, I don't think so. You should also put a viton one in there and I'm pretty sure OE is the only way to get that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts