Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was 5th on the list but 3 buyers backed out and I got it 1 month earlly. I only have 15 miles on it but it is as advertised. It stands up in second gear without slipping the clutch. I love the riding position. My Termi full system comes in tomorrow. It is one nice bike. I got the red standerd and could not be more pleased besides the clutch problem.

·
Registered
337 Posts
mclincoln said:
I got the red standerd and could not be more pleased besides the clutch problem.
Just how bad is the clutch? Some of the bike mags are also complaining that the new wet clutch on the '07 Multistrada is ridiculously heavy.
Did they do something new with the clutch?
I've ridden several triple 9s and didn't think the clutch was bad. How much harder is the 1098?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clutch reply

I am 6 foot 215 lbs and played college linebacker. My hand was tired in 15 miles. It is heavy. About 1 1/2 times as heavy as the 998. In my opinion. Opinion being the key word.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine is fine. I have 1350 on it and never thought the clutch was hard to pull. Take a spring weight scale (bathroom scale) and with an assistant applying counter force, push ball end of clutch lever on the face of the scale. Position it (in and out) to the max (without bottoming out) and report back here with your measurement. I will do the same.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have/had several Ducatis and the clutch pull on my 1098 doesn't seem any harder than all the others.

G

·
mine is alot harder than the S2R, it looks to have the same slave. Doesn't cause me any problems though, it works well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts