Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
There was a recall about the kickstand early in the release. Some guys had their kickstands bend surprisingly. Also, my software had to be reprogrammed with respect to the steering lock mechanism because it wasn't working properly. This programming changed how the steering lock activates (you now must hold down the starter button while having the handlebars turned). Some folks also had to have bits replaced on the rear license plate holder because it came loose (recall item as well). One other thing, the upper dash on the earlier models could flake out (mine did). Ducati issued an updated dash with updated firmware which cures it.

But overall, the bike is a beast and I have no regrets. I have 24K miles on mine which I bought brand new in 2012. Some people complain about the key fob (it doesn't like sitting in your pocket next to your cell phone or it gets quirky around some gas stations where there are lots of antennae and conflicting frequencies).

·
Registered
458 Posts
I had a '15 Diavel for four months before I traded it for a 1199S (my dream bike before the 1299S came out) and I loved it up until I traded it. Put a few thousand miles on it. The key FOB was difficult at times but I discovered a way to make it work almost every time. I would've bought a windscreen if I owned it any longer, though. I rode it pretty agressively and not having wind protection sucked at times. That and the more upright body position. This may sound weird but I actually prefer the Panigale's ergos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.