Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2013 848 Corse last month from a dealer at a good price with 734 miles on it at the time.

It's still under the 2yr mark so I can buy a warranty for it. I've seen people post on here about buying them for around $500, where did they go? I would use a local dealer but the only 2 here in CT I am not a fan of.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I've purchased said warranties from local dealerships.. don't trust anyone else selling such service.

Don't recall the warranty company names, but extended warranty is definitely worth looking into.

Note that prices fluctuate and are negotiable. Best to call around and see who bites -)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I've heard too. I saw someone on here talking about getting one for $500, the dealer who sold me mine was offering it for $800.

I was also checking to see if any dealers have an account here and give slightl better deals to forum members.

·
Registered
244 Posts
That's what I've heard too. I saw someone on here talking about getting one for $500, the dealer who sold me mine was offering it for $800.

I was also checking to see if any dealers have an account here and give slightl better deals to forum members.
I'm the finance mgr at my dealer... Just fyi the typical retail price of a warranty is about double the dealer cost. Some will negotiate, some won't.
Cost in general will vary greatly depending on which warranty company they use.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I got the Ducati IWS (Intergrated Warranty Systems) through the dealer where I bought my bike...I got it before my 2 year factory warranty expired, I paid $1300.00 CAD for an extra 4 years so I am good until summer of 2018!
Now I don't know if they do that in the USA but here is the website if you want to check it out and get some info...https://www.iwsinc.ca but definitely ask your dealer!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I think that there are a few Ducati dealerships in upper Westchester County, NY.

Probably just a hop, skip, and jump away from you in CT.

Don't have any feedback or personal experiences.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.