Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone give any advice on what to look for when buying an older 900SS or 750SS. I'm interested to know about serious mechanical issues that might be expensive, difficult or not worth/impossible to fix. I would like to use the bike as a base for conversion to a naked/cafe racer style bike and don't want to get caught out because of ignorance.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hi Mike,

Not sure what years were affected but some are known to crack frame at the head stem.

In the other thread you ask about ST's as a suitable base for your cafe project. The main difference is air cooled to water cooled and old school carbies against EFI.
Have you looked at the Radical Ducati examples?

Where in OZ are you?

Craig

·
Registered
632 Posts
I'm sure you would have looked at Used Motorcycle For Sale - Buy and Sell Motorcycles Australia - bikesales.com.au

Brad the bike boy is a great mechanic & supplier down there BikeBoy.org he may know of someone?

ST's are plentiful for cheap, but you will have to cut the frame depending on your plans....

A mate of mine cafed a Hypermotard using a custom seat and a 999 tank, it looks cool but it's got modern fruit on it, like forged wheels, monoblock calipers & ohlins suspension, it only owes him 7k

Craig

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.