Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My bad wrong forum. Mod could you move to the appropriate section.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I for sure wouldn't be riding without lane splitting, it's down right dangerous to be stuck on a motorcycle between two cars when MOST accidents are car's ramming into the vehicle in front of them… ALA the poor motorcycle which is about to be crushed.

These guys said it proper:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I don't understand why it's not allowed in all states.. What about the guys with the air cooled engines?
It would be nice to see other states use this study to allow riders this option. Air cooled guys are s o l.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Fuck that. Its funny to me the one thing in the video they kept harping on is how much safer they are when in traffic by splitting lanes... which is an oxy-moron in itself. When they are in traffic- I am thinking of stop-and-go traffic... which is low-speed repetitive type traffic. Even if someone on a bike gets rear-ended in this type of traffic- its really hard to believe that life threatening injuries will occur.

Plus, you are now riding in a spot where where no-one in a vehicle (myself included) is conditioned to look for a motorcycle. This in itself would seem to be much more dangerous (and more probable) than getting rear ended in traffic.

·
Court Jester
12,081 Posts
Fuck that. Its funny to me the one thing in the video they kept harping on is how much safer they are when in traffic by splitting lanes... which is an oxy-moron in itself. When they are in traffic- I am thinking of stop-and-go traffic... which is low-speed repetitive type traffic. Even if someone on a bike gets rear-ended in this type of traffic- its really hard to believe that life threatening injuries will occur.

Plus, you are now riding in a spot where where no-one in a vehicle (myself included) is conditioned to look for a motorcycle. This in itself would seem to be much more dangerous (and more probable) than getting rear ended in traffic.
The only time I've been hit on my bike was following a truck out of a drive way from a store, he went out got stuck then started to back up a whopping 1 mph I can tell you I thought I was going to die :wtf:

·
Court Jester
12,081 Posts
That was recent right? I feel like I remember you having a thread on it
Yep just happened a few months ago. Seriously had he kept going the bike could of fell over pinned me down and he would of ran right over me.

·
Registered
791 Posts
and yet you can ride without a helmet... :/
I gotta be honest. Riding a motorcycle without a helmet is the dumbest idea I can possibly think of. Not to offend anyone, but why would anyone risk their lives like that?

I was in Chicago last year for my buddy's wedding and we were taking the cab back from the airport at around midnight and here comes this guy on a gsxr flying by us on freeway without a helmet; and it was raining outside!!!

All he had on were some dark shades, a t-shirt and some jeans. All of us in the cab ride and everyone was completely stunned at how stupid this guy was.

·
Registered
273 Posts
totally agree, my comment was more about the fact lane splitting is illegal but not wearing a helmet isn't, which sounds a bit silly if the reason is the safety factor.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I agree with you both. Hawaii laws are just plain stupid. Whats crazy is how many guys you see riding around here with shorts, tee shirt, slippers, and no helmet. Don't know what these guys are thinking.
Pa is the same way... I'm not totally versed on their "no helmet" law, but I believe it requires passengers to wear a helmet.

If its good enough for the passenger, why the hell not for the rider??

·
Registered
791 Posts
I agree with you both. Hawaii laws are just plain stupid. Whats crazy is how many guys you see riding around here with shorts, tee shirt, slippers, and no helmet. Don't know what these guys are thinking.
Pa is the same way... I'm not totally versed on their "no helmet" law, but I believe it requires passengers to wear a helmet.

If its good enough for the passenger, why the hell not for the rider??
yeah, makes no sense whatsoever. I low sided once at like 20mph and didn't even feel that I hit my head until I looked at my helmet and it had a nice scratch on the back of it. Imagine a high side at 40-50mph... ouch

1 - 19 of 19 Posts