Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I've been doing some research and re-did MY ENTIRE budget until April 2015 to make this happen. I'm still waiting for the 2015 schedule to come out, but I'm going to do at least Level I and Level II.

I can't tell you how completely stoked I am about this. When I read Twist II my riding got 100X better so I can only imagine what it will be like actually learning from Cobie, Dylan and all the other instructors (Hopefully get to shake the hand of the man who started it all, Kieth Code himself) in person. Hopefully they have something for early in the year.

Anyone else planning on doing this in 2015?

Anyone here already attend? If so, thoughts?

:ahhh:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I've attended the level 1 and Dylan was the main instructor. All I have are positive things to say. I am hoping to get in another level 1 and/or level 2. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Have fun! I'm jealous!

Reactions: StevenAthas

·
Registered
273 Posts
nice!! did 1 and 2 at willow years ago, planning to redo 2 and maybe 3 in 2015, if i save enough you might see me there!

meanwhile ride safe!

Reactions: StevenAthas

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've attended the level 1 and Dylan was the main instructor. All I have are positive things to say. I am hoping to get in another level 1 and/or level 2. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Happy to have seen this. Only confirms my excitement!

·
Court Jester
12,086 Posts
Anyone else planning on doing this in 2015?

Anyone here already attend? If so, thoughts?

:ahhh:
No...
I'm extremely jealous your first track experience will be top notch. I have to do local track days for the foreseeable future..

CSS and TT 2 things on my bucket list.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Did Levels 1 & 2 at Infineon/Sears Point back in 2012, then 3 & 4 at Streets of Willow this past April. Very structured approach, but will definitely give you some serious rider tech that will help you advance your skillset.

Biggest breakthroughs for me were the Lvl 2 vision drills, the L2 off-track "Lean/Slide bike" helped me dial in proper bp, and L4 corrected a lower body fatigue issue I'd been battling since I pretty much first started track riding.

CSS is very much well worth the investment! Have fun and be a sponge!!!

-Christian

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I have done a few CCS events..
Late '80's on a Ninja 250..
Then in the late '90's as Willow and Streets of Willow.
I realize that is has been some time, but I really enjoyed the education, input, and teaching.

My favorite was Streets.. As far as sponging up and learning so much that I took to my street riding.

The Big Willow was a blast.. And caused me to give racing a go..

Recomended.. Especially if you are like myself and had "Twist of the Wrist" on VHS all of those days ago:D

The more open minded that you are? The more you will get for your money in my eyes. For myself? It was well worth it.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did Levels 1 & 2 at Infineon/Sears Point back in 2012, then 3 & 4 at Streets of Willow this past April. Very structured approach, but will definitely give you some serious rider tech that will help you advance your skillset.

Biggest breakthroughs for me were the Lvl 2 vision drills, the L2 off-track "Lean/Slide bike" helped me dial in proper bp, and L4 corrected a lower body fatigue issue I'd been battling since I pretty much first started track riding.

CSS is very much well worth the investment! Have fun and be a sponge!!!

-Christian
Very cool. I'm really excited about getting in the lean/slide bike and the bike they use to help with hard braking. Body positioning is definitely an area that I could use improvement on.

Can't even begin to tell you how long I've wanted to check CSS out. Still anxiously awaiting the 2015 schedule to come out.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have done a few CCS events..
Late '80's on a Ninja 250..
Then in the late '90's as Willow and Streets of Willow.
I realize that is has been some time, but I really enjoyed the education, input, and teaching.

My favorite was Streets.. As far as sponging up and learning so much that I took to my street riding.

The Big Willow was a blast.. And caused me to give racing a go..

Recomended.. Especially if you are like myself and had "Twist of the Wrist" on VHS all of those days ago:D

The more open minded that you are? The more you will get for your money in my eyes. For myself? It was well worth it.
Wow! So you're like a CSS veteran. Was KC teaching some of the classes himself? Heard he doesn't do too much at the school anymore when he's there but that on occasion, he's around.

The posts I've seen about others who got to meet him said he was a real nice guy and would even stop and talk to the students.

·
Banned
710 Posts
Steven, CCS doesn't go over leaning and body positioning in Level 1. I think CCS doesn't get to that stuff until Level 3. Someone should correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Steven, CCS doesn't go over leaning and body positioning in Level 1. I think CCS doesn't get to that stuff until Level 3. Someone should correct me if I'm wrong.
yeah, that's correct. levels I and II are more
about reading the track and staying on the line.
Oh okay. Would you guys recommend doing Levels 1 and 3 rather than, 1 and 2???

I know that Level 1 is a per-requisite, but is it required to go in sequential order, or can I go from say Level 1 to Level 3?

edit: So I just went on the CSS site and it says that the lean bike training happens in Level 2... Maybe they've changed it but here's what it says:

"Level II students ride the Lean Bike. Keith's patented invention is the perfect tool to handle some very fundamental problems riders have with leaning their motorcycles as well as sorting out basic visual skills which we have found are a problem for 90% of all riders."

and

It is no secret that Keith was the first to tackle the problems of vision and riding and the drills he's developed to handle them. Once an understanding is achieved of what a motorcycle can and should do for you from the Level I drills, we move on step-by-step, to sharpen the visual skills. Level II is all about solutions to problems we face with our eyes.

The school’s visual drills put you in control of the road. We define our visual enemies and how to overcome them. Everyone knows that target fixation is dangerous. How bad is it? With logical, step-by-step procedures, your eyes become precision instruments. The results of Level 2 are amazing. Riders lose their claustrophobia in corners and gain the freedom to really use the roads they ride.

At most tracks, (where an area to run the Lean Bike is available) Level II students start their Lean Bike training. As with Level I, there are five technical briefings and five track sessions during the day. Check our schedule to find a date and track close to you.

·
Registered
273 Posts
level 2 goes over leaning and body positioning but more like an intro, it's more about connecting the turns, and getting the flow from my experience.
I really enjoyed level 2!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay, I was wrong.
No biggie. Thanks for the input.

level 2 goes over leaning and body positioning but more like an intro, it's more about connecting the turns, and getting the flow from my experience.
I really enjoyed level 2!
Honestly, I have no idea what to expect. Just really stoked about it all. It'll be my first track experience too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts