Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for admin. Why are we unable to send a pic via PM now? It is very handy for helping to explain stuff.

Just tried sending you a pic via PM Quackquack, but was unable to. I'm sure I've sent pics that way before.
Has that function changed? Or am I missing something?
Anyhow, here is the PM I tried to send, but was unable to attach the pic. Had to write it all out again too..

Hi Quackquack - Just getting back to you regarding the tool I mentioned to hold the closing rocker back while you work on the closing shim collar.
It is easily formed out of a piece of 3mm aluminium, and measures about 54mm point to point. It will make sense when you come to do the job. The rocker is held against its spring by the straighter edge of the 'wing'.
I use an 8mm bolt with captive washer so nothing falls in.
The bent piece of wire is to hold the opening rocker out of the way while you work on the closer.
You need to polish the sides of the alloy plate once you have shaped it so it won't scratch the mating surface as you rotate it to hold the rocker back.
Good luck with it. It is a time-consuming PITA job to get right.
Pat1098

Attachments

·
Registered
543 Posts
Stumbled across how to send pics via PM

Dont use the "insert photo" button...just insert the share link into the body of the email and it will go through fine.

I use photobucket, (surely the other image hosting site are similar). Just sent a couple of pics via PM last night.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
But the problem is not being able to send a picture uploaded from the computer. When you post in a thread you can just attach photos, but you can't do that for PM's. That was never an option since I've been on this forum, but I agree with Pat that it would be very beneficial. Makes no sense why you can't do that...a PM should basically be almost like an email.

·
Registered
543 Posts
But the problem is not being able to send a picture uploaded from the computer. When you post in a thread you can just attach photos, but you can't do that for PM's. That was never an option since I've been on this forum, but I agree with Pat that it would be very beneficial. Makes no sense why you can't do that...a PM should basically be almost like an email.

Gotcha...I thought he was referring to the insert image button not working in PM's.

·
Administrator
2,954 Posts
Yeah, none of the various forum software packages we use allow attaching images to PMs, unfortunately. I've needed it on occasion, too, but there's just no way to do it is what I've been told.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for clearing that up gents.

I thought I had sent pics via PM, but I guess not!

I must have got an e-mail address and done it that way.

Looks like QQ isn't about anyway. Must be busy in the shed..

:eek:

·
Registered
726 Posts
thanks! pat! ive been off racing my GSXR but im back on the street now...and just intime to tear the duc down for valve adjustment!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts