Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im looking into getting a camera to use for both riding and driving... everyone knows about gopro's but I was wondering what do you use? How do you mount it, chin, side, top? I would like to be able to move it easily from my helmet to my dash so I can use it while riding and while driving.

And GO!!!!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
If you go with GoPro don't get the Hero +. The cheap one where the camera is integrated into the case. The mount on mine broke off on track and the case's latches for both the door and the mount broke too. Camera itself is perfectly fine. But now I have a camera with no way to mount it or close the door.

Find a used one a eBay. Just picked up a used Hero 3 Silver for cheap.

For your mounts, there's a chin mount and you can use any sticker mount for your car. Then the camera can just snap in and out of both

·
Registered
185 Posts
While I still have my old GoPro Hero2 and it works fine. If I where purchasing an action cam today, I'd go with the Sony FDR-X3000R with Optical Image Stabilization. Check out the comparison vids on youtube. Looks amazing!

·
Registered
58 Posts
While I still have my old GoPro Hero2 and it works fine. If I where purchasing an action cam today, I'd go with the Sony FDR-X3000R with Optical Image Stabilization. Check out the comparison vids on youtube. Looks amazing!
I looked at the Sony too, I think it looks good and the form factor is more in keeping with mounting on a bike and on the side of a helmet.

I have a tachyon on the side of my helmet but it doesn't have a separate audio in.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
I keep seeing videos taken from inside cars that show timers and speed as windows of the video.

Love to have one of these but can't find out what camera. Useful for track days not so for road use if the coppers want to use it against you.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Pretty sure the new GoPro program allows you to overlay all of that info. I'm still rocking my hero2. Still works great. I'm only going to upgrade to a newer one once 4K becomes standard. I don't need to shoot in 4K if I can't watch it in 4K as well. I'm not buying a 4K tv until there is actual tv content. By the time that happens everyone will be buying 8k tvs bc it's the new thing.

·
Registered
157 Posts
So im looking into getting a camera to use for both riding and driving... everyone knows about gopro's but I was wondering what do you use? How do you mount it, chin, side, top? I would like to be able to move it easily from my helmet to my dash so I can use it while riding and while driving.

And GO!!!!
i have the gopro session. $199.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts