Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
A bracket to hold the emissions canister. Shit can it it's not needed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's the mounting point for the charcoal canister to capture gasoline from the evaporation line out of the fuel tank. Looks like the canister itself has been ditched, just remove it and order some shorter M6 socket head cap screws. Ducati tends to use those in 5mm increments. Off hand I'd guess that's a 25mm. You can sometimes enter the Ducati Omaha part numbers into the web and pull up the appropriate specs. I guess you could even order the proper screws from Ducati if you don't mind paying $6 each.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Spare tire mounting bracket...:p

luggage holder :D

or as mentioned above just the bracket for the emissions overflow charcoal canister, chuck it

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I almost didn't recognize it since it's been so long since I removed mine! :D....but yeah, it's what they said. You might as well get rid of it now.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
you are going to want to replace the two "long" bolts with shorter ones when you remove the bracket. take one of the other shorter bolts (on the side cover) with you to home depot. I got some black steel ones from them.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Or you can leave it as is if you want...all they do is hold that plastic cover on, which already has a million bolts holding it in place.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts