Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got some new pieces kicking around for the 848,1x98. All pieces are manufactured using pre-preg carbon, regular pattern that most companies (CDT, Carbonworld, Carbonvani, etc etc) use and it's not twill. It's manufactured by Cedea in Sovenia which is where a lot of our carbon bits are manufactured. All items have never been on a bike. Hel up t0 check for fitment but never bolted down.

$75.00. I have 3 pairs of these.

$75.00. I have 3 of these also.

$25.00. I have 5 of these.

$10.00 shipping. Buy one piece $10.000, buy 5 pieces...still $10.00.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Price snt Pat. Corse the finish is gloss on al of them. They are UV coated to protect against sun fade and yellowing.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Sorry Dmitriy - I have just bought the under-headlights part.

Lucky I was quick..

:eek:

PS. You can get a similar 8 mm push-pin from an auto accessory shop, but I ended up getting the originals, so they would all match.

I access these every time I remove my fairing sides. Better than trying to undo those six screws under there.

They aren't too dear.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
I would have preferred matte also, but can't be too fussy at those prices. Postage is the killer for me..

But a good painter can apply a matte finish for not too much.

All adds to the price of course, but I have a couple of CF parts at the painter at the moment for this purpose.

The original clear finish on my original S front guard is starting to lift, and needed re-finishing.

Putting a few parts in at the same time sometimes saves on the cost for each individual part - I had a red fairing to re-paint also.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've never tried it myself on purpose but I've had a few friends wanting the matte finish and just got rattle can clear and hazed it as they called it. Made it look like the DP carbon finish. I've done similar purely by accident trying to gloss something. My rattle can skills suck!!

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
G'day [email protected],

What's the fit of these pieces like compared to OEM parts? Only carbon I have ever found to fit like factory stuff is from MS Production. I have been disappointed SO many times......

·
Registered
13 Posts
These are some beautiful parts. I would love to go full carbon for my fairings, I'm just having trouble finding them. Aside from that, I'm new to the forum, so I'm just checking everything out.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey El. I never bolted them down but did hold em up to make sure the holes aligned and the pieces sat on the mounts and they were fine.

I've had experience with the Cedea, CDT, Carbonworld, Cabonvani, Bestem and a couple of Chinese manufacturers who's name sips me. The 3 worst I had to deal with in order were one of the Chinese companies, Bestem then Carbonvani. Luckily their worst could still be worked with but I don't mind a little challenge.

The accent pieces tend to be the hardest to make but at the same time, the ones I have to sell go in areas with adjustable mounting points and elongated holes so fitting is pretty straight forward.

kteevan, there are a few places that make full carbon fairings. The shop I work at handles CDT/FullSix and we can get every piece for your 848 in carbon for you.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Sorry Dmitriy - I have just bought the under-headlights part.

Lucky I was quick..

:eek:

PS. You can get a similar 8 mm push-pin from an auto accessory shop, but I ended up getting the originals, so they would all match.

I access these every time I remove my fairing sides. Better than trying to undo those six screws under there.

They aren't too dear.

Ah bummer, no worries though. Thanks for the info regarding the push pins. I lost a couple and feel like the bike is totaled now haha :D

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Ah bummer, no worries though. Thanks for the info regarding the push pins. I lost a couple and feel like the bike is totaled now haha :D
Yes, this is a danger when test-riding with the fairings off, or warming the engine prior to an oil change.

Or when you forget to re-engage them on reassembly. Not hard to forget them under there..

Sorry about the under-cover.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 pr of large/small exhaust shields gone. TWM gas cap gone. 1 radiator V-section gone and upper rad/fairing shroud gone. Still have 2 pr of large/small heat shields and 2 Rad v-sections as well as other items left.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Yes, this is a danger when test-riding with the fairings off, or warming the engine prior to an oil change.

Or when you forget to re-engage them on reassembly. Not hard to forget them under there..

Sorry about the under-cover.

All of the above are a recipe for a disaster. You've saved me some cash for which I am thankful for, so no worries.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts