Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Shift-Tech is considered some of the best quality and best fitting carbon around.

Stay away from Bestem....
All 3 pieces I purchased from bestem fit well and look good, time will tell if they hold up I guess.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
Bestem is hit and miss these days. Check out CarbonWorld, Carbonvani and Ilmberger. Can't remember what brand Shift-Tech sells but Guido is a good guy.

I've had personal experience with CarbonWorld, Carbonvani and Shift-Tech and all 3 were good. I do have some Bestem on my 848 and it was excellent but I work at a motorcycle shop and have seen some of the stuff that Bestem sends out. They warranty well but it's a hassle.

If your in Canada, prices are going to be steep due to our falling dollar. It fell again this morning.

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
I do have some Bestem on my 848 and it was excellent but I work at a motorcycle shop and have seen some of the stuff that Bestem sends out. They warranty well but it's a hassle.
Working with aerospace composites for 20 years it's always hit and miss with the lay up and cure. It's the willingness /culture of the company that really matters if they have empowered Q/C to reject inferior batches.

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
Quite true. Moulds used to make the pieces can slowly get out of shape. Pieces start to get a twist or some other deformation. Happens to the best of them. Usually it takes a few messed up pieces being returned to alert the companies to check the process and correct. Then it's smooth sailing for the next while.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am pleased with my LP carbon parts, very reasonably priced and no issues yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought my 996 in June. The rear hugger thats on it looks like shit, hence this thread. The moto composit looks like it will last, its not cheap. I eas also going to get the exhaust guard also. Too bad Ducati dosnt make tear hugger.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.