Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

This is doing my head in.....!!!

A while back, I saw a company that was manufacturing the Corse style belly pan but with the side stand aperture. For all the love in the world and hours spent searching the web, I'm buggered if I can find who it was.

I have the street version from MS production, which really is excellent quality, but I have 70mm pipes on and it fouls them on the link pipes and lower turn pipe. I know I can trim the carbon, but it's not really what I'm looking for.

I've attached a couple of pictures of the bikes that Motion Design put together. Grey bike one is what I'm looking for, but with aperture. White one is what I have, but not really what I'm looking for.

I've tried to contact MS, no reply, also CM Composit, again nothing... CDT only do the fully enclosed version and won't do a special...!

Anyone any thoughts, pleeeease....?

TIA.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Are you sure it's still produced?? CM only make the full race (no kickstand area) as do the other ones I've seen. I have a Corse enclosed pan with kickstand area from a German company but it was discontinued a few yrs ago. With the 1x98/848 now discontinued, so will a lot of their specialty items.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Hmm… the MS production one seems to be available. SKU: 48012622AH

But it's a bazillion dollars.

It maybe an ebay search to find a used one.

Or…

If you really want a belly pan, why not simply upgrade the fairings to track bits? Just have someone do a really good paint job and sell the stockers to make your money back.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Wow!! :eek::eek: That looks exactly like the one I have. I paid $600 for mine but it was back in 2009. I suppose inflation is to blame.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Or…

If you really want a belly pan, why not simply upgrade the fairings to track bits? Just have someone do a really good paint job and sell the stockers to make your money back.
That's the pan I have and it's the same as the one on the white bike above. Their corse version is the same except no side side aperture.

Thanks though.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Or…

Yeah, that's the bellypan I have and it's the same design that's on the white bike above.

I'm getting a full set of carbon fairings for the bike, but I really want the design of the corse belly pan, but with the stand stand cutout. Still use the bike on the street now and then - side stands are handy things!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So you want a 1098R belly pan?
Nope, the R belly pan is a just the same as all the others, except in carbon.

The one I'm looking for is as in the picture of the grey bike at the top, but with the side stand cutout..

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Yeah. I'm not sure why I thought it was German. I got it from Shift Tech back a while and I think they now get items from a German company which is why I think I put 2 and 2 together and got 22. Either way it's been on the bike since end of 08 and looks great.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
On the bike or of the pan itself?? I posted the Carbonvani link a couple posts above and have pics of it on the bike. It's a little different looking now as I modified the back of it to mimic the WSBK CM Composite pan. Sorry the pic is blurry.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On the bike or of the pan itself?? I posted the Carbonvani link a couple posts above and have pics of it on the bike. It's a little different looking now as I modified the back of it to mimic the WSBK CM Composite pan. Sorry the pic is blurry.
Thanks for the picture.

Yeah, the back end does look different. What did you do to it?

I'm waiting on carbonvani getting back to me with more pictures.

If you have some before the mod, that'd be great. Cheers!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ah, ok - I see now. I thought it might have done that from the picture on their website. Don't suppose you have a picture of the other side so you?

I was trying to figure out what you'd done to the back end of your bike, but I've got it now. Those pipes on the first picture are really different.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
The first picture I have shortened Graves pipes and the Streetfighter subframe/tail. The 2nd picture is with normal 848 subframe bodywork and Termi exhaust.

I think you'll find that the bellypan in the Motowheels picture is actually a full race pan that's had the kickstand area cut out and a bracket added to secure the pan to the rear bracket.

Here's a picture of the kickstand side of mine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts