Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice!!!
I don't want to bite your style, but where did you find that?
I've been looking to at least replace the plastic little "chain guards" on the swingarm, but can't find anything.

·
Registered
131 Posts
very nice!! thats the one im getting. I wanted to have the swing arm polished at first but its just too much $$.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi There:

Just a couple of questions... How was the install of the Carbon Fiber Swing Arm Protector? I'm assuming it's with 3M 2 sided tape and not bolt on!?

Thanks
Marcus

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ducs_Of_Hazzard said:
Hi There:

Just a couple of questions... How was the install of the Carbon Fiber Swing Arm Protector? I'm assuming it's with 3M 2 sided tape and not bolt on!?

Thanks
Marcus
No real problem, but would have been easier if I had a rear stand (on back order....there's a surprise!). It attaches using the 2 screw holes that the hugger uses on the top of the swingarm, and the 2 under the swingarm that holds the cover for the rear brake line. No parts need to be removed as it fits over the little plastic chain guard.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Tricolore!

Thanks for the reply! How does mounting to the 2 screw holes the hugger would mount to work if you have the hugger. Would you put the screws through the hugger and the swing arm cover? Which one would you put on top... Hugger on top of the swing arm cover? Or swing arm cover on top of hugger?

I guess if you were to put the hugger on top of the swing arm cover one side of the hugger would be a shade higher then the other and that may make it look a little weird when looking from behind of on top.

Thanks Again!
Marcus

·
Registered
181 Posts
the picture is pretty close but it looks like the hugger might be built in to the swingarm cover. that would be sweet if that's the case.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Nice site. Definitely some good stuff there. Maybe bring some parts back from next vacation.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Very cool people at Febur, and they've been around for a while too, which is a plus! Not some over night, basement run operation. Purchased some CF accessories a while back for my 2001 996. If I remember correctly, they had very reasonable shipping and took just about a week to get into the states from over seas.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ducs_Of_Hazzard said:
Hey Tricolore!

Thanks for the reply! How does mounting to the 2 screw holes the hugger would mount to work if you have the hugger. Would you put the screws through the hugger and the swing arm cover? Which one would you put on top... Hugger on top of the swing arm cover? Or swing arm cover on top of hugger?

I guess if you were to put the hugger on top of the swing arm cover one side of the hugger would be a shade higher then the other and that may make it look a little weird when looking from behind of on top.

Thanks Again!
Marcus
I put the Swing Arm Cover UNDER the Hugger, with the bolts down through both. To the eye you couldn't really tell if the Hugger looked out of true, but I ended up putting a small washer under the 3rd Hugger bolt to act as a spacer just in case.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jlrogers said:
the picture is pretty close but it looks like the hugger might be built in to the swingarm cover. that would be sweet if that's the case.
Nope, the Hugger is actually a seperate item from EmotoUK.com, which is pretty similar to the Shift-Tech one, if fact it may even be the same one.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I would like to see a picture back away from the swing arm of the whole bike please.

Jason

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Visitor Q said:
I would like to see a picture back away from the swing arm of the whole bike please.

Jason
Here you go, some more pics for those that are interested.....

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thank you so very much for these amazin pictures! I will be getting it now! The rear hugger and the swing arm cover! oh so sweet!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts