Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having trouble getting their hands on carbon pieces for their 1098? I've managed to get the front fender, rear fender and air duct covers. My dealer has been waiting on the lower tank side panels for something like a month now, as well as a carbon key guard and quick release fuel cap.

Has anyone come across these pieces? Shift-tech still lists a lot of what I want as "coming soon".

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
It's a typical first year bike situation, Give it six months.

·
Registered
47 Posts
EmotoUk have a few carbon bits available. Just got a rear hugger off them. Very nice quality and a perfect fit. Still waiting on the carbon arrows though. Been waiting a month after i was told 10 day turnaround !! Keep an eye on e-bay as well. Just got a dark tint screen and a carbon clutch cover off an Australian e-bayer. He tells me that over the coming weeks they will be manufacturing all the 1098 plastic bits in carbon. Cant wait !!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm waiting on my dealer too! Its driving me nuts!

I didn't get anything! I want the front and rear fender, but it seems I may just buy it from Shift-Tech at this point!

·
Registered
162 Posts
What do you think about the look of the bike being half red and half carbon!

I think it would look cool!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Parts guy said probably around May before the DP cf is availlable. He claims it was problems with the cf quality that is delaying it. I don't know if I can say it here but I'll try, Shift-tech.com, they have some stuff available now and its top shelf!!
F

·
Registered
131 Posts
id really like to see a carbon belly pan (lower fairing) i think that would look great.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ok, I might cancel the items from the dealer and get it from Shift-Tech!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Time to get racing catalogue! Is it available online?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's weird, I know Ducati Performance released the front and rear fenders as well as the air duct covers cause I got all those from Ducati.

My dealer did point me to Shift-tech as well. I'd just like to make sure the carbon weave from them is the same as Ducati's. If not, it's like have a bike painted two shades of red!

I'd love to get the tail section in carbon, but they don't have the matching seat cowl. I think it looks a little off with a carbon rear and bright red cowl.

·
Registered
181 Posts
there is some stuff at the website but I got the book from the dealer.

anyone install the shift tech tail vents? just wondering how difficult it is to remove the stock pieces.. they look like they were glued in place

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have the book from the dealer too. The problem is Ducati isn't releasing all the carbon bits at once. More like they're producing pieces in sections.

PS - Those tail vents don't look fun to replace. Plus they're only held in with glue i think?? I'm not too crazy of the idea of gluing pieces on.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I went to a dealer a week or two ago and did my usual "so whatcha got in stock" and they played their usual "we can't tell you but if you give us a part number we can look it up"....typically a sign of a dealer that doesn't stock a damn thing.....the bad part is a lot of these dealers LOVE to get your money and THEN tell you the parts are made from unobtanium....or just keep telling you next week maybe...

So I made a big fuss and had them look up:

rear hugger, under tank panels, ram air covers....

I want a bunch more but heel guards make no sense when they will eventually come with rearsets anyways....and I'm not sure about the nose and tail....and no one but the online forum ferrets seem to know about the stuff in the race catalogue like the key guard.....

So one after the other they type them in the system and it says UNAVAILABLE......not "Available May 2007" but UNAVAILABLE......

This wasn't the case a month ago when I checked but ended up getting the full system instead....

I've heard rumors about "switching manufacturers" for the CF bits.....QC related issues and whatnot....but nothing solid.....going to the other local dealer this weekend for service ($160 OTD versus the $410 I got quoted at the other place) and to look at my oil leaks....so I'll have them look it all up while i wait.....they tend to be very helpful and only do high end bikes so not as many people rushing the parts counter like the other dealer who carries suzuki and others....

·
Registered
97 Posts
"I'd love to get the tail section in carbon, but they don't have the matching seat cowl. I think it looks a little off with a carbon rear and bright red cowl."

In the ever elusive racing catalog there is a carbon cowl....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Orlando1098S said:
"I'd love to get the tail section in carbon, but they don't have the matching seat cowl. I think it looks a little off with a carbon rear and bright red cowl."

In the ever elusive racing catalog there is a carbon cowl....
Are you just teasing me cause you know I'll never see this "racing catalog"?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think I may just call shift tech and go with them! I'm getting anxious! I got nothing!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts