Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi all, looking for the size of the c-spanner used to adjust the chain tension on the 1198.
Remember that when you adjust the eccentric position with the spanner wrench, you are as you know adjusting chain tension, but you are also now changing ride height and the length of the bike. Both bike geometry changes that should be accounted for. The ride height can be counter-adjusted by adjusting the ride height rod. The new position of the axle in the eccentric as it influences the length of the bike is what it is. No way to change that, but you can account for it.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I'm not sure you can just buy an off the shelf C spanner from any tool shop that will fit.
It's very tight in there width wise as far as the spanner goes. I made my own from a piece of aluminium. You can of course get the correct spanner from one of the sponsors here.
If you want to be a butcher you can use a screwdriver as a drift or a piece of soft aluminium to move the eccentric hub, but I don't recommend that unless you are really stuck and even then I think I still wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Go onto Moto Mfg's site. They have a lot of tools for these, including the rear eccentric C-spanner.

I reckon it might have been even less than $25, but it was a while ago.

I offset the freight cost by getting a bunch of stuff (I am a little way off).

Good to deal with too.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Hi, thanks did realise that, but the chain needs adjustment, before I start messiong anything else up.
Tim Arnold is this your posted buddy? if so I have extra one I can mail to you for free, the c-spanner that I have very heavy duty one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.