Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to several requests, and problems with "drive-by sellers", we've implemented a 20 post minimum before anyone can post in the Classified sections.

Hopefully, this will weed out the fly-by-nighters and make the classifieds more useful to our regular members.

Let me know if any of you have other suggestions, or if you run into any problems with the new limits.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
what's wrong with "drive-by sellers"? A 20 post minimum is not bad, but I never understood why forums do that.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Cool.

Also, maybe a reminder for those who don't update their ads after they sell their shit? I don't know, it may be helpful... :bash:

·
Administrator
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That may be possible, though most bike sales seem to get posted in the Regional/National sections due to shipping considerations. So, I don't think a Bike section will be needed. The rest I think we can do.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Can we get the classifieds divide in sections ? Like
Bikes
Gear
Parts
Other stuff non motorcycle related

??
Thank you.
Agree with this! That's the one thing I like on MS.

·
Administrator
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How do you all suggest we handle the issue of bike sales, given the global nature of this site?
Shipping parts, or a helmet, or a race suit is one thing. Shipping a bike from New York to Australia, for example, is something else entirely.

·
Registered
93 Posts
How do you all suggest we handle the issue of bike sales, given the global nature of this site?
Shipping parts, or a helmet, or a race suit is one thing. Shipping a bike from New York to Australia, for example, is something else entirely.
I agree very few cases you may see someone getting a bike for sale overseas unless the seller or the buyer agree or offer such service example

FS Australia only
FS. USA & Canada

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
i don't think there are that many international bike sales going on this forum, and as far as shipping across the US, there are shipping companies that do it for around $500 so that's not really a huge issue.

but if not, then you can at least combine Ducati bikes + parts into a category, gear in another, and non-ducati items in another....or something like that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts