Ducati.org forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Administrator
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Philip, I work for VerticalScope.com. VerticalScope recently acquired ducati.org and will be taking over the management duties of the forum. Your familiar moderator and admin team will be the same people helping with the day to day forum management. We will primarily manage the technical functions of the site and support the mod team. Maintaining continuity as well as the spirit of the site is important to us. This means that little about the site will change for you the user while we continue to grow the community.

Over the next few days you will notice my team mates Helena and Kyle who will be helping me with the site announcements as well as members of our support team (they will introduce themselves in the site issues section). While we get to know the landscape of the forum and how things work we will be on hand to answer questions and get to know the unique needs of this community.

I will be working closely with the Admin/Mod team on ways we can help improve the order of things here and raise the level of your experience on ducati.org.

If you have questions please let me know, I will do my best to answer you all as quickly and thoroughly as I can.

-Philip

·
Administrator
2,857 Posts
Don't forget me! :) With this acquisition, I've moved over to Verticalscope, and work for them now. I'll be staying with all my motorcycle sites, doing the same things I've been doing for the last 4 or 5 years here (even when you don't like it ;) ).

I expect this change to go about the same as when I first got here....not much will change, if anything, that you see every day. The only real difference is who I turn to when I can't fix something myself. We'll have better backup here, and a larger, more experienced tech support group than we did before. Other than that, this will be the same place, with the same me that's wriggled his way into your hearts! :D

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I've been on many forums and seen alot of changes when this happens regarding more adds, spam, popups, forum sponsors/companies that have nothing to do with bikes or cars get advertised just cause they pay you, all cause of money... I've left forums specifically for those reasons. please don't do that to this great community. Now that I got that out of the way...Welcome :)

·
Administrator
2,857 Posts
I've been on many forums and seen alot of changes when this happens regarding more adds, spam, popups, forum sponsors/companies that have nothing to do with bikes or cars get advertised just cause they pay you, all cause of money... I've left forums specifically for those reasons. please don't do that to this great community. Now that I got that out of the way...Welcome :)
Not to worry. That's not how they operate. As long as you're logged in, you won't see anything different....which is how it's always been here.

·
Administrator
2,857 Posts
To be completely honest, I'm thrilled about this. I get to stay with all the sites I've built relationships with, and continue to get paid for it! This is the site I'm most active on, by far, as a posting member; and I couldn't be happier that I'm still an integral part of its' future.

·
Court Jester
11,600 Posts
To be completely honest, I'm thrilled about this. I get to stay with all the sites I've built relationships with, and continue to get paid for it! This is the site I'm most active on, by far, as a posting member; and I couldn't be happier that I'm still an integral part of its' future.

Our one shot to get ride of you foiled!!! :stir::angel:

<I kid>

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
"We belong to a mutual admiration society'', well, for the most part, kinda, maybe, except for a few.... but hey, it is new management, must be nice, like Bob Gobblin.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sounds good. I have a question. When I use to log onto the site I would see my subscribed threads. I really liked this. Has that changed or do I need to do something to get it working like it use to?

·
Court Jester
11,600 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.