Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

Trying to replace what I believe is the original brembo levers with a pair of pazzo's I was following instructions and odd threads I could find on the forum but it seems my levers are a little different. I don't seem to have a pin attached to my lever instead I have a hole where the pin located in the cylinder rests, it seems mine is in reverse so I'm not quite sure how to attach it as the pazzo's doesn't have that hole.
I will attach photos below.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry 2009 848. I don't know what set up I have as I bought it used. I assumed it was standard as it's all brembo but as I've been researching I've noticed mine look a little different. So I'm not really sure what parts I'm sourcing for as I don't no what I have all I know is it looks back wards to every thing else I've seen

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Your Pazzo lever should have a barrel that slides into the empty channel. Then it has a pin that threads into the barrel which acts as a plunger. Your missing that piece.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It seems my pin / plunger is on the cylinder so all I need is the barrel then? And the barrel would push the pin in when I press the brakes? I've looked on pazzo's web site and it dosnt seem the sell spares so I may have to email them

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am going to bring this up again but are you sure that pin is not inserted into the plunger backwards. My theory is that maybe the last owner damaged the threads on the original lever and just stuck the plunger in backwards and possibly popped a different lever set on to sell the bike. If so see if you can pull out what I circled or try to remove it.

The levers you believe are OEM are different then the standard levers. The post above me shows the normal setup you see on 848s with the plunger installed properly. The lever end is threaded and the part that faces the cylinder is not. Hard to tell what happened here.

This was just a thought since I have not seen your lever setup before. I see nothing wrong with the Pazzo levers other than the insert is missing for the plunger.

The Brembo Master and Lever Combo could just be different too. I know the lever is different for sure but you never know if someone just threw a different lever in and reversed the plunger. If that is the case I have two inserts from my CRG levers that I could send you if you don't have them. Maybe they would fit. You would just need to thread a pin in.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
It seems my pin / plunger is on the cylinder so all I need is the barrel then? And the barrel would push the pin in when I press the brakes? I've looked on pazzo's web site and it dosnt seem the sell spares so I may have to email them

No, the different levers use different plungers. I doubt it could be reversed cause it wouldn't line up and engage properly. One type of plunger is a smooth round tip on both ends which is just sandwiched between the lever and master(the version in your pic). The other type is threaded into a barrel which slides into the lever and moves in and out with the lever(what you need).

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry had a long day at work then couldn't logging but thanks for all the replies guys.
According to the pic you posted @Dutch848 my levers are not standard and I think your theory is correct @svre46. I took the front nose off and notice theres a small red patch where it hadn't been sprayed properly. Im guessing it was a quick fix and used any available parts.
I bought the levers used but according to the manual im suppose to use the stock parts which I don't have because I have a different setup. So it seems the next step would be to try and identify my current levers. I will upload some pics of the set up and if any one does recognise the set up it would be great if not I doubt theres a work around as it seems there completely different so I guess ill have to sell them:( thanks for all the help!

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sorry had a long day at work then couldn't logging but thanks for all the replies guys.
According to the pic you posted @Dutch848 my levers are not standard and I think your theory is correct @svre46. I took the front nose off and notice theres a small red patch where it hadn't been sprayed properly. Im guessing it was a quick fix and used any available parts.
I bought the levers used but according to the manual im suppose to use the stock parts which I don't have because I have a different setup. So it seems the next step would be to try and identify my current levers. I will upload some pics of the set up and if any one does recognise the set up it would be great if not I doubt theres a work around as it seems there completely different so I guess ill have to sell them:( thanks for all the help!
The first pic here shows what looks to be the correct insert and plunger setup that will fit your Pazzo levers you have now. Your brake is different than your clutch it looks like. Remove this lever and you will see what I mean.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for noticing that @svre46. I think I've made some headway. I have not check the lever you suggested yet as i drove to work today. But i did a general search on ebay for ducati levers trying to identify mine and it appears my levers are from a hypermotard 1100.

Ducati Brembo Front Brake Master Cylinder Pump Lever Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP | eBay

Ducati Brembo Clutch Master Cylinder Pump Lever Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP | eBay

I also went to pazzo website and had a look at the levers they supply for the hypermotard to double check and im 90% that's the set up that's on my bike. (pictures below)

I cant see a legitimate reason to change the levers so i assume the last owner did as a cheap alternative because of a crash as suggested by @svre46.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks for noticing that @svre46. I think I've made some headway. I have not check the lever you suggested yet as i drove to work today. But i did a general search on ebay for ducati levers trying to identify mine and it appears my levers are from a hypermotard 1100.

Ducati Brembo Front Brake Master Cylinder Pump Lever Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP | eBay

Ducati Brembo Clutch Master Cylinder Pump Lever Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP | eBay

I also went to pazzo website and had a look at the levers they supply for the hypermotard to double check and im 90% that's the set up that's on my bike. (pictures below)

I cant see a legitimate reason to change the levers so i assume the last owner did as a cheap alternative because of a crash as suggested by @svre46.
Glad you narrowed it down.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts