Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to north carolina, moving to the charlotte area. any recommendations on local dealers ducati and otherwise?

thanks! it will be warm soon!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Looks like BMW/Ducati of Charlotte is closest to you.

I can vouch for Atlanta Motor World in Roswell, GA (metro Atlanta), but that's probably a bit of a hike for you (almost 4 hours in each direction).

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Well, unfortunately Ducati of Charlotte has lost one of the branches of Ducati: the Desmosedici Sales and service....does that mean they will also lose the rest of the ducati sales??? If so, will they lose the service as well?
My info are telling me that there is a dealer in Cornelius NC that is trying to get the Ducati dealership...they are already Aprilia dealer and that is itself an incentive to be accepted for the Ducati Dealership.

·
Registered
48 Posts
BMW/Ducati of Charlotte and Myers Ducati in Asheville are both great stores and great staffs. I know all of them on a first name bases and have never been disappointed in the services. I have my 1098 serviced in Charlotte and buy my gear/accessories/etc from Myers. The Asheville dealership is about an hour, 1.5 hours from Charlotte.

·
Registered
48 Posts
BMW/Ducati of Charlotte and Myers Ducati in Asheville are both great stores and great staffs. I know all of them on a first name bases and have never been disappointed in the services. I have my 1098 serviced in Charlotte and buy my gear/accessories/etc from Myers. The Asheville dealership is about an hour, 1.5 hours from Charlotte.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Very good dealerships; I worked with quite a few people of those two dealers...really great to work with guys, experienced, and nice. Unfortunately Ducati of Charlotte just recently lost David: the best mechanic I have ever met for Ducatis, MV Agustas, Aprilia and all Italian bikes. Now because of my latest purchase I am forced to go to PA Fast by Ferracci...a heck of a drive but....what can I say, I'll deal with it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey alfredob

I was looking at your album and saw the track days in Kershaw, SC. You wouldn't happen to be a USDESMO member?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
TahoeMM said:
Hey alfredob

I was looking at your album and saw the track days in Kershaw, SC. You wouldn't happen to be a USDESMO member?
Yes I am, Why?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
However, that track day at Kershaw SC was with Sports Bike TRack Time.Com

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I am sorry I don't think I do...Lattanzi is an italian last name from my neck of the woods....what does he ride?

·
Registered
48 Posts
He is one of the starters of USDESMO. On the track he rides an Aprilia, on the street he rides Ducati/BMW/Moto Guzzi.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
In fact when I said it is from my neck of the woods I meant from the northern part of Italy...I am from Venice. Unfortunately I have not had the pleasure of meeting him while I am good friends with Jim Calandro

·
Registered
48 Posts
oh yes Jim is a great guy; we all went to the private showing of the 848 at the Charlotte dealership back in December.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
it was such an unfortunate event that MArk and those boys lost the Desmosedici dealership....I ended up buying my Desmosedici and my son's 848 from Fast By Ferracci after a 10 hours drive to Philly, PA

·
Registered
48 Posts
A source told me that Charlotte has an order in with Ducati for a handful of the Desmosedici. I am betting they are all sold. Have you heard that their is plans in the works for a new dealership to replace the current one?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I was told that BMW Ducati has actually lost the dealership of the Desmosedici and that was from an extremely reliable source. What do you mean when you say there are works for a new dealership to replace the current one? Do you mean a new dealership to some different store, location or what?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I mean as in: the owner of the current Charlotte Ducati/BMW dealership is working with an architectural firm to finalize the blueprints of a new Charlotte Ducati/BMW dealership that will replace the current dealership but in a new location.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I whish him the best of luck but at the same time I think Mark should concentrate on whatever he enjoys the most and that is in no way shape of form the Ducati's. He is a BMW kind of guy. How could he lose Larry as a sales rep and David as a mechanic????

1 - 20 of 31 Posts