Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
PLEASE! As a courtesy to other forum members and enthusiasts, can you please post these types of events in a spoiler thread dedicated to the race. An example would be "SPOILER: Crash pics from PI race inside."

Because you pretty much just ruined the race for anyone who has not yet watched it yet!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
i agree. i feel like this should be a forum rule. not a big fan of rules on forums, but i think this should be one.

Do not start a thread or post comments in threads regarding a race without putting up a "spoiler alert" within 2 days or less after the race.

A nice gesture for some of us who can't watch the races live, or who are simply aren't able to watch them right away. This weekend I pretty much avoided both Ducati forums that I visit, all the related motorsports news, and yet I still got a glimpse on facebook of what was probably going to happen (even after I un-liked Alstare Ducati's fb page) :bash:

·
Administrator
2,890 Posts
Ultimately, if you don't want to know the results of a race, election, or sporting event until you've seen it....well, just STAY OFF THE INTERNET!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Ultimately, if you don't want to know the results of a race, election, or sporting event until you've seen it....well, just STAY OFF THE INTERNET!
While that is usually a general practice (going into media blackout mode), Wsbk is no longer available across all media providers, just a select few. While trying to reach out to forum members who may have links to torrents, because they are extremely hard to find this year, this thread appears out of nowhere...

These forums have been really good for the last few years with members following the unwritten "SPOILER" courtesy rule. Mito obviously did not get the memo.

So Wera, I hear you and agree, but that does not mean we should not practice common courtesy towards others.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
^ what he said. also, not to mention that in today's day and age it's hard to just "stay off the internet". F1 is the worst for this, because of its popularity. No matter where I go on the internet, I'm bound to see something about it.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Agree with NoTec on this one... Especially in the title of such threads...

Seems that it should be ok for some to consider the others on these forums when it comes to who has/hasn't viewed the races quit yet...

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Dang guys, don't get down on Mito, he might take his photos home!!!

Bob Ramsbottom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts