Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ive just paid for my bike in full $27,780.07. My very first Ducati, ive had the 01 R1 but mine was a total lemon and i had the 04 zx10r that rocked my world :yo: lol. Now as this is my first duc, Iam told that they can't take much of a beating and i find that hard to belive, well that is what the dealer told me who seems was trying to sell me a jap bike again. I didn't care as the Tricolor was what i wanted. Anyways any one else in chicago getting there bike from there. I live in FL clearwater and Iam from chicago just recently moved here and I dont know of any Ducati place and ended up there. I dunno iam getting a funky vibe from that place. To those that ride ducatis what can i expect from this bike, it be riden mostly on street and a year down the road i will start taking it to the track. As i want to put some miles on it before i maybe destroy it at the track lol. Thanks guys and Iam lookign forward to posting on this forum alot more in the future.

Edvin D.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Edvin,

I have a Ducati Multistrada and I ride it hard and so far , Kock wood, I haven't had a problem. They may require more in the way of valve adjustments because of the Desmo valve train, but other than that you should be good.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Edvin1098s said:
Ok ive just paid for my bike in full $27,780.07. My very first Ducati, ive had the 01 R1 but mine was a total lemon and i had the 04 zx10r that rocked my world :yo: lol. Now as this is my first duc, Iam told that they can't take much of a beating and i find that hard to belive, well that is what the dealer told me who seems was trying to sell me a jap bike again. I didn't care as the Tricolor was what i wanted. Anyways any one else in chicago getting there bike from there. I live in FL clearwater and Iam from chicago just recently moved here and I dont know of any Ducati place and ended up there. I dunno iam getting a funky vibe from that place. To those that ride ducatis what can i expect from this bike, it be riden mostly on street and a year down the road i will start taking it to the track. As i want to put some miles on it before i maybe destroy it at the track lol. Thanks guys and Iam lookign forward to posting on this forum alot more in the future.

Edvin D.
Hi Edvin - you will not be disapointed!! heres my quote from TermiLove thread:

"I've just come back from my test ride on the 1098S with full termi system. It sounds insane and have ordered the full system which will be fitted at the 600 mile service. As for the bike it truely exceeded my expectations by 200% I knew it was gonna be quick but that machine is something else entirely! Its a rocket ship and a very sexy one at that. Wheelies of the throttle in 2nd and 3rd (I didnt use 1st at all apart from pully away! too scary!) It was sooo fast and when I looked down and was only just over half way through the rev range and I opened it right up all I could see clearly was dead ahead where I was looking - all peripheral vision commpletely blurred. I ride a 748 and it was like riding a 400 on the way home. I love my 748 but the 1098S is pure lust and love and I am truly privileged to have one on order. A pissed off lion on crack about sums it up. Truely an awesome machine. MotoGP for the road! What the R and or the Desmodedici RR are like just staggers me. I'll stop rambling! Truely blown away...."

Enjoy!!!!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Edwin,

we should ride sometime... I hopefully get my black 1098S with the first delivery to Power Motor Sports in Palatine... hit me up sometime...

Quick question can somebody post a picture of the 1098/s with the passanger seat? like to see how that looks...

Thanks
Germany

·
Registered
23 Posts
are they capable of carring a passenger? I just told my wife that they're solo seat only config. lol. she was rather upset. But in the end it is my motorcycle. my reward to myself after this year of deployment hell. Yeah like I am sure I said before that I am num. 13 on the list from South Seas, Ducati in Oahu, Hi. Anyone else here from the island picking one up? if so maybe we can ride together some time.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Edvin1098s, seeing as you paid for your bike, does this mean you have it? Curious as to why you paid for it already? I was told early March. AS for riding them hard and problems... No a problem at all. I have an '07 Monster S4RS and ride the hell out of it and not one problem. Love every minute.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I paid for my bike up front, to make sure I get one. They told me Feb 15 they will have my bike. They still are taking orders in but thats for march. I would love to ride with some of you guys, but right now I live in FL clearwater. I used to live in chiago till December of 06. But i will be back in the summer to visit we should all meet up, woodfield has alot of people gathering there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
T-revs said:
Photo of seat...no wife here so I will be accepting offers from hot ladies wanting rides!!! :naughty:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=4154&Page=2

(last photo on bottom of page)

:yo:
That pic doesn't show the passenger pegs installed. They bolt up to the subframe under the body work, which is nice because you can take them off for a cleaner look when riding solo. :smoking:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any one know if my Tricolor will come with that second seat or will i have that seat cover. I wondering if not as of how much will i have to fork over lol.

·
Registered
161 Posts
:ahhh: Thanks for the Infos to the pas. seat.
As fas as I was told the bike will come with both, Seat and cowl.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys i got a firm date, its Feb 9th. OMG i can't wait. Ive been for the last 4 days riding a GSXr750 and honestly don't like it. I am sooo anxious lol just like i was when i was a whole lot younger waiting for the SUPER NINTENDO...oh the golden days. When candy was carbon fiber lol.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Lucky you!!!! I may stop by there on the 9th... maybe I see you... :guitarist

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Germany, if you want I will email you around the time im gona be there and you can check out the tricolor lol. Iam not sure if i will be there on the 9th may be 10-12 i have to see. My email is [email protected]

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey I just heard from my dealer that Ducati will make a big show on the opening of the IMS in Chicago on the 9th with delivery of some bikes to special customers....

·
Registered
328 Posts
Edvin1098s said:

Edvin D.
What is it with the TC and you guys in Clearwater? Conrats onthe bike, I'm sure you will love it.
Does Greg know about this? He is in clearwater and ordered the TC as well.
CAG

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CAG sorry Iam not sure who greg is. See ive just moved to clear water a month ago so I don't really dont know anybody here. Hope I can meet a few bike guys once I get my bike and take a break from work. Germany I got a call from Ducati they are talking with CCC about the first TC customer of the 1098 and it being me, I guess i get some fancy paper saying I is the first in the US with the TC. Can't wait.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey thats cool... My dealer said, he is supposed to get the paperwork any day now and he has the feeling it would be mine....
So well we'll see...

·
Registered
547 Posts
Edvin,

You would be correct when you say you gotta funky vibe from Chicago cycle center. My sister and her friends have told me that when they were all looking for ducati's they stopped in and were immediately discouraged to buy a ducati from the sales staff. they did push to sell Japanese bikes, my sis and her friends said the sales staff were very rude to them as well, and offered little help. My sisters friends who went a little further with a purchase from there were given one price earlier on, and then latter were given a high price with a bunch of BS charges added on, and once they did that my sisters friends left and bought their bikes at MCC in villa park, which is where i have ordered mine from. While Power motor sports is 3mi from my house, MCC is 25mi and i feel that the staff at MCC are 2nd to none when it comes to Ducati's and European bikes. My sister and her friends have bought and have had their bikes serviced at mcc and have not had one complaint. The staff is very nice, non pushy. I was there this morning and a couple of the staff members was talking to me for 40min about the IMS NOVI bike show that they attended, they were very enthused about the new model coming out and even opened up and showed me the new termi carbon exhaust kit.

You can ride the Ducs hard, just as long as you follow the maintenance schedule. Thats a must! other wise you will have some $$$ repair bills.

I hope you didn't get screwed with your purchase, even though you already paid in full. Good Luck and Enjoy!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Desmo Duc...

I ordered with Power Motorsports, A friend of mine who races told me the Mechanic would be on of the best in the Midwest. But like you said MCC is the same as well. PM had the better price in the end...
When you have your bike, hit me up and maybe we can ride together... I'm used to hang up at Streets of Woodfiel in the summer.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts