Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just curious as to how long people leave the choke on during warming up their bike

·
Registered
395 Posts
My bike does not have a choke, but any engine i ever used with a choke i only engage it long enough to start the engine, give it a few seconds, then turn it off. Some engines need to warm up longer than others before you can disengage the choke without it dying.

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
So just curious as to how long people leave the choke on during warming up their bike
The little lever you push is actually an idle increaser, no more, no less. It opens the throttle plates slightly in the same manor you would by twisting the throttle.

The moment you start riding it, the system will disengage automatically.

·
Registered
395 Posts
The little lever you push is actually an idle increaser, no more, no less. It opens the throttle plates slightly in the same manor you would by twisting the throttle.

The moment you start riding it, the system will disengage automatically.
My brother has a "hot start" switch on his dirtbike that sounds exactly like this, is it the same thing?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And so what would you say an optimum temp to start riding would be

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
My brother has a "hot start" switch on his dirtbike that sounds exactly like this, is it the same thing?
Well, there are two starting devices on dirt bikes.

One of them opens up a little port in the throttle body which increases the amount of air in the mixture.

The other one richens up the fuel AND air mixture, thats a "choke".

EFI bikes don't need a choke.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts