Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I been browsing different sites online looking for chrome rims for my 2012 848 evo, but I can't seem to find any. So I turn to you, I'm sure I can pick the brains of the vast ocean of Ducati knowledge on this forum...so, is it possible to pick up the stock evo rims in chrome? Or is dipping them my only option? If possible, maybe you can throw in a pros vs. cons comparison of dipping the rims as well. Thanks in advance......

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
chrome ruins rims. It does not stick to aluminum well and peels (yes there are other layers of metal below the chrome but it still applies) it ruins the balance of the rim, and many places don't take in mind the damage that temperature does to the alloy rim durring stripping and coating. I worked at a mercedes dealer that had to recall thousands of chromed factory wheels because they became softened and torquing the lugs down on th ewheels was about as effective as torquing down on a bar of soap, but most techs used an impact gun and never realized the issue.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Why the fuk would you jap your bike up with chrome wheels?!?! That's a total disrespect! Someone remove the bike off this persons hands! You sir have been demoted for even thinking that! :wtf:

·
Registered
641 Posts
So I been browsing different sites online looking for chrome rims for my 2012 848 evo, but I can't seem to find any. So I turn to you, I'm sure I can pick the brains of the vast ocean of Ducati knowledge on this forum...so, is it possible to pick up the stock evo rims in chrome? Or is dipping them my only option? If possible, maybe you can throw in a pros vs. cons comparison of dipping the rims as well. Thanks in advance......

... or you could just buy a Hardly Ableson:)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
There's is a chromed out 996 in my area it has been for sale for. 3 years now and the price just keeps droppping. Like Eric said the chrome will just peel most likely in under 3 years. If you really want shiny wheels you would be better off having your wheels polished. I do not condone either as both choices don't belong on a Ducati but at least with the polish your not adding more weight.

Relax guys we all have come from the dark side. It just takes some of us longer to get out of that mentality.

·
Registered
765 Posts
You should extend your swing arm while you're at it. Oh, and lower the bike. And paint flames on it. And put LEDs under the belly pan. Kids these days...

Is Ducati becoming too mainstream? I foresee the same thing happening to Ducati that happened to Audi. Audizine is a good example.

·
Banned
235 Posts
Naw..it is a 749...no one cares about those anyways.

:laughing: 749 is like a girl you see walking and she has a nice ass but when she turns around her face is busted.

Reactions: M66M

·
Registered
740 Posts
Or get a set of Carrozzeria wheel.....I think they make them in chrome :popcorn:

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Welcome to the forum...and wrong question to ask when it comes to Chrome blings your bike on this forum, lmao...The real blings people talking about on this forum are carbon fibers, carbon/magnesium wheels, trackdays/canyon riding...for those who want to be highway heroes and stunters and so on so forth with chrome...get ready to get flamed on.
Good luck finding your answer like you wanted it to be...ride safe..

·
Registered
296 Posts
What color is your evo? I would go gold on black if it where me but chrome one a Duc is not my cup of tea. Chrome on anything but a chopper is rice IMO but its your bike op not mine.

·
Banned
578 Posts
There is a powder coating guy in town that does a polished aluminum look, that's about as far as a guy should go on his duck IMO. I'm getting my black wheels done a different color when I get tires, prolly silver or white.

Reactions: rodomodena

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Holy shit....blasphemy?!? Really??? And here I was thinking the whole point of customizing your bike was to distinguish yours from others, and to further satisfy personal enjoyment of a purchase??? My bad, didn't know when I bought the Ducati, I inadvertently joined a fucking cult....to think, ya pussy got hurt at the thought of chrome rims on MY bike. But shouts out to the adults in the room (eric9877 & dukaki848), who ultimately changed my mind by listing the cons to chroming your rims. I appreciate the substance in your posts gentlemen, and to all other "hive-minded", emotional posts......chill the fuck out. Goddamn keyboard warriors......

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
chill the fuck out.
You should take your own advise.

Don't come on a public forum and ask a question if your not going to like the response you recieve.

It is your bike, and your going to do whatever you want, but don't expect a warm welcome if you roll up to a group of Duc riders with chrome rims. They will most likely give you a cold shoulder or look at you like your a squid.

You essentially have a race bike with lights, go to a track and see how many racers have chromed rims...

1 - 20 of 61 Posts