Ducati.org forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yea, the funny thing is, I wouldn't roll up to a group of Duc riders looking for their approval....I guess that's where we differ. "oooo, look guys. We both have ducatis, we must have soo much in common. Can I ride with you guys? I think having other Ducati riders around me makes me feel cooler than I actually am...you know, strength in numbers and shit...." <--sorry, I never been that guy... I don't even want to know what that feels like. I got a bike to ride solo, if I wanted friends I would have got a bike with a side seat attached....

·
Registered
541 Posts
Sounds like your the type of guy who would also try and wheelie his bike for extended periods of time and has chicken strips like a lowered fixxer. Good luck with your overweight off balance chrome squid wheels. Prolly have a siqq icon helmet and jacket the you found on Craigslist :endrant:

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Yea, the funny thing is, I wouldn't roll up to a group of Duc riders looking for their approval....I guess that's where we differ. "oooo, look guys. We both have ducatis, we must have soo much in common. Can I ride with you guys? I think having other Ducati riders around me makes me feel cooler than I actually am...you know, strength in numbers and shit...." <--sorry, I never been that guy... I don't even want to know what that feels like. I got a bike to ride solo, if I wanted friends I would have got a bike with a side seat attached....

We must be a different style of rider. When I ride my Ducati, I like to ride fast and twisty. Adding chrome weight to my wheels is the last thing I want to do.

I don't ask for anyone's respect or approval, but it usually only takes people one ride with me to earn it. (I don't mean that to sound like a cocky asshole) When it's all said and done you want weight savings; not gaining.

Hoop It Up: Sportbike Wheel Comparison - Sport Rider Magazine

·
Registered
352 Posts
You should take your own advise.

Don't come on a public forum and ask a question if your not going to like the response you recieve.

+1

Even when I had my R6 I didn't think for once to put chrome wheels on it! It's not that kinda bike for that.

No sports bike should have any type of chrome!!! That's just my opinion. Sorry guys I guess im getting a lil "emotional" right now...:bawling: :laughing:

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Reactions: rodomodena

·
Registered
740 Posts
Holy shit....blasphemy?!? Really??? And here I was thinking the whole point of customizing your bike was to distinguish yours from others, and to further satisfy personal enjoyment of a purchase??? My bad, didn't know when I bought the Ducati, I inadvertently joined a fucking cult....to think, ya pussy got hurt at the thought of chrome rims on MY bike. But shouts out to the adults in the room (eric9877 & dukaki848), who ultimately changed my mind by listing the cons to chroming your rims. I appreciate the substance in your posts gentlemen, and to all other "hive-minded", emotional posts......chill the fuck out. Goddamn keyboard warriors......
Hey don't get yourself twisted in your panties.......I already told were to get chrome wheels Carrozzeria have them check with bellissimoto....has me for I prefer my gold OZ it's your bike do as you wish...just don't expect love with your attitude! :p

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Polished is ok..but damn, chrome...idk..too much weight regardless of the show bike. If you could swing it, well, get titanium wheels, that's the ultimate "bling bling" if you could find a brand that would make you a set..next thing you know, gixxerboy will have chromed bolts with spikes and neon and the flame list goes on...it is 2012, it's gonna end soon..so i guess do what you like..

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I think the reason that custom design details such as the chrome wheels aren't generally popular with Ducati owners is that most owners want modifications or color schemes that directly reflect Ducati's racing heritage.

If they see their color scheme, carbon fiber bits, Termignoni’s or whatever on a factory race bike, there's a reflected glow on their street bike. I agree there is a certain beauty relating to the form-vs-function starkness of a race bike but I think that non-race livery variations also deserve our support when they offer a reasonable alternative design. I'm not suggesting that we go the route of Harley owners in an attempt to customize our bikes but minor variations on the theme really don't need to be shunned either.

As in the past, discussions on this topic inevitably end-up with the deviant owner being anonymously criticized, directly or indirectly suggesting that the product designer, or owner, lack an aesthetic sense. In my opinion, there’s really no need for that.

·
Registered
110 Posts
To each his own...It's your bike, do whatever you want with it. You are the one that has to look at it everyday and ride it. If that's what you like, then do it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
@shazaam! & BJK<--my sentiments exactly...I've actually moved away from chrome as an option since opening this post. Looking more towards a high polish finish rim, which should address the concern for the added weight chrome would put on the bike while keeping the look I prefer...thanks to the posters who helped answer my questions...

On another note, someone whose been on this forum for a while should open a thread on "questions you shouldn't ask on a Ducati forum", for us new guys. Might help avoid a firestorm from more "experienced" Ducati owners...

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
if you polish them, you can get a clear powdercoat on them to keep them protected. bare exposed aluminum does not look pretty after it's exposed to air, sulight and hot brake material. If you live anywhere near saltwater they will turn into a nasty crusty mess in a month.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts