Ducati.org forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
A good shade of silver is definitely a head-tuner.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Note, I did not read the entire thread knowing there was already backlash. I have no idea if this was already brought up.

There's always the option of walnut or bead blasting the black off (is it paint or powder?) to expose the Aluminum and then having them polished. If you do this, I'd highly advise to have them clear coated or you'll be polishing them things every weekend. An Alloy wheel left untouched will go to shit quickly in the elements.

Either way, this is a fairly low cost job and can achieve the look you want without chroming. There'll always be a bit of Satin to the shine so it's not in your face shiny. They're shiny on day one, but on day two...satin.
Isn't that Justin Bieber's bike?
Silver Surfer's upgraded board...

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Little bit of shine goes a long way. Just don't end up like this!
That would be a treat to catch a glimpse of at a sunny trackday right as you tip into T1 at Brainerd @ 120+....

Then again, tech wouldn't even let that on the track if it weren't completely overcast outside.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Relax guys we all have come from the dark side. It just takes some of us longer to get out of that mentality.[/QUOTE]

who like chrome on anything modernday sporty??? it fuking HORRIBLE

·
Registered
325 Posts
So I been browsing different sites online looking for chrome rims for my 2012 848 evo, but I can't seem to find any. So I turn to you, I'm sure I can pick the brains of the vast ocean of Ducati knowledge on this forum...so, is it possible to pick up the stock evo rims in chrome? Or is dipping them my only option? If possible, maybe you can throw in a pros vs. cons comparison of dipping the rims as well. Thanks in advance......

....get the idea(?)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yea, the funny thing is, I wouldn't roll up to a group of Duc riders looking for their approval....I guess that's where we differ. "oooo, look guys. We both have ducatis, we must have soo much in common. Can I ride with you guys? I think having other Ducati riders around me makes me feel cooler than I actually am...you know, strength in numbers and shit...." <--sorry, I never been that guy... I don't even want to know what that feels like. I got a bike to ride solo, if I wanted friends I would have got a bike with a side seat attached....
You have got to be the coolest fuck on the page. Noone gives a shit about your approval rating fuckbag. If you ain't got something worth reading keep that worthless nonsense to yourself. Thanks

41 - 60 of 61 Posts