Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:confused: Are you guys going to use any special shampoo, wax, spray ( like Pro Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish ) or other stuff do keep your 1098's nice and clean ?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I second that Desmo! First thing i did when i got home with her was put a nice coat of Meguiars Tech wax on her. If you like lots of swirl marks then use honda spray polish, if you want your paint to be deeper and glossy, hand wash and use Meguiars!

·
Registered
49 Posts
maybe i am biased since i work for the company, but i will stick with the honda polish. as far as the swirl marks, i find that as long as i do not use too much of the spray it works great. it also eliminates static, so sometimes i will even use it after a wax. if your bike is clean and you just need to touch it up, try spraying the honda polish directly on the cleaning cloth. also works great when drying the bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also use Tech Wax and am very happy with the results. Always thought it was good to get a base coat on as soon as possible.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have some black tar stuff and hand washing it does not come off. What do you guys suggest for that?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Meguiar's all the way baby! If you don't like the Honda spray, which I also use but more for my screen and helmet, Meguiar's makes a Quik Detailer that is great for touching up - bugs, tar etc. After a full wash Tech Wax is awesome. I have Meguiar's 3-step system for polishing and waxing that I will try soon. Adding the clay bar to that to make it 4 steps, not sure if it will make a huge difference but we'll see.

To minimize swirls etc I either a) use two rags - one for upper and one for lower plastic only; or b) use one rag and work your way down for plastic only. (Dropped rag = done with it for today) Either way, keep finish rags for finish work and dirty rags for dirty work...use and wash the rags separate from each other as much as possible. Also use the softest microfiber without dropping them of course and keep them clean without burning them out. Microfiber only works on dry paint so dry the bike (especially switches, allen heads, clutch, etc.) with an air gun and chamois the rest off before applying any final wax or polish.

ansman, if you don't want to use a heavy degreaser try Goo Gone it works great. Just check the bottle if you use it on your plastic, not sure if it's okay for that. But again the Meguiar's Quik Detailer is great for even chain grease so it might take off the tar too.

And by the way, I can't imagine the Honda polish is causing swirls since my helmet shields (mirrored and clear) are perfect and they're obviously pretty sensitive. Try using a different applicator?

·
Registered
370 Posts
cool thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Honda spray polish, swirl marks? WOW since when? I've been using it for over 10 years. I've only heard amazing stuff about it for the last decade. This is the FIRST time I've ever heard anything negative about it. I also use it on my face shield and windshield and have NEVER noticed anything but crystal clean results.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I like either Mothers Gold classic clear paste or the new Turtle wax Ice. Both are awesome IMO. I have Meguires also but it doesnt seem to shine as good.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I believe the honda spray polish is made by these guys: http://www.autopolish.net/

The website is as annoying as hell, but the wheel cleaner and pro polish are fantastic. The saraha dry wash is no good.

Goes on easy, comes off easy, leaves no white residue, no swirl marks and the deepest shine I have ever seen.

I used to use McGuires, Zymol, One Grand etc., and this stuff is the best I've found in 30 years of detailing cars.

CAG

·
Registered
213 Posts
ant46 said:
Honda spray polish, swirl marks? WOW since when? I've been using it for over 10 years. I've only heard amazing stuff about it for the last decade. This is the FIRST time I've ever heard anything negative about it. I also use it on my face shield and windshield and have NEVER noticed anything but crystal clean results.
must have been operator error

·
Registered
213 Posts
CAG said:
I believe the honda spray polish is made by these guys: http://www.autopolish.net/

The website is as annoying as hell, but the wheel cleaner and pro polish are fantastic. The saraha dry wash is no good.

Goes on easy, comes off easy, leaves no white residue, no swirl marks and the deepest shine I have ever seen.

I used to use McGuires, Zymol, One Grand etc., and this stuff is the best I've found in 30 years of detailing cars.

CAG
Im pretty sure the company the company that made honda spray polish is amrep

·
Registered
346 Posts
Meguires sucks. If you guys really cared you'd use nothing but Zaino products. www.zaino.com

Best stuff on the planet, bar none.

·
Registered
208 Posts
You guys have way too much money - $1.20 can of Degreaser from "cheap as chips"
Been using it for years on both bike and car and never had any problems.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I haven't tried those ones. My detailer always hands me bottles of the stuff he tries and loves...have you tried the NXT Generation Tech Wax by Meguiar's specifically? (They have a NXT line) Not to debate, just curious because he works on a ton of high-end picky customers, will use whatever is best that he finds, and loves the stuff.

kumacrz said:
I like either Mothers Gold classic clear paste or the new Turtle wax Ice. Both are awesome IMO. I have Meguires also but it doesnt seem to shine as good.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
You might be right...but isn't that stuff a pain in the a$$ to apply? Not to mention expensive as hell? I remember not seeing too much of a difference between two freshly waxed vehicles done with both...and I'm a picky mofo. I'm not busting your balls or BSing either...another of my detailer's customers used it.

Oh well, even if Zaino is the greatest I think the Tech Wax is a nice compromise and very easy to apply every wash. FYI to anyone other than those praying to the Zaino gods! :p

hornetball said:
Meguires sucks. If you guys really cared you'd use nothing but Zaino products. www.zaino.com

Best stuff on the planet, bar none.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts