Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So does the little adjuster on the clutch lever adjust the engagement point, like on a cable actuated clutch, or just the distance from the lever to the bar?
Never owned a bike with a hydraulic clutch before - do I just have to adapt to the engagement point?

·
Registered
547 Posts
It just adjusts the distance from the bar. If you feel that the clutch pull is too hard like most duc owners do, you can get an aftermarket slave cylinder. which will reduce the effort needed to hold the clutch in.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Please excuse my ignorance, Like some others here this is going to be my first Ducati. But, why if the clutch is so hard has Ducati not changed to a easier slave? What I'm hearing from Ducati owners here is that this has always been an issue and a source of complaints.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Even with a new slave, the clutch will still wreak havoc on your forearm and hand. I think the only way to fully avoid this would be changing from the dry clutch. IMO, this is a Ducati trademark, so I don't ever see them straying from this.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I picked up my 1098 yesterday and have put 140 miles on it. I don't find the the clutch pull any harder than the the last three Japaneese bikes I've had. It does engage fairly close to the bar, but is not a problem. The trans is one of the sweetest shifting I've ever used.
I did purchase an ML Tuning parts slave and will install it, could have lived without it. The bike is awesome!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not the pull I have a problem with, it's the point where the clutch starts to engage - feels too far out for my tastes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts