Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 999 about a month ago, and have put about 1500 miles on it. Now I've run into the dreaded air bubble in the clutch line.

I've found threads complaining about it, but has there been a fix yet?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
It's usually caused by a bad seal in the slave cylinder.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Had the same problem on my 749. Clutch needed bleed every 300 miles or so. I replaced the slave cylinder with a Yoyodyne Overthruster and have not had a problem since. It also has the benefit of an easier clutch pull and the silly Buckaroo Banzia reference. I have put on 1,800 miles since the change.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What occurred to make you think you had air in the line?
I don't know for sure, but after doing some research online and talking to the service manager at ducati place, my issue sounds just like a common issue with air building up in the line.

Had the same problem on my 749. Clutch needed bleed every 300 miles or so. I replaced the slave cylinder with a Yoyodyne Overthruster and have not had a problem since. It also has the benefit of an easier clutch pull and the silly Buckaroo Banzia reference. I have put on 1,800 miles since the change.
Thank you, that's good to know. I'll run it by my service guy.

And remember no matter where you go, there you are..... Couldn't resist. :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have been meaning to install my speed bleeder there for awhile, planning on doing a good clean and bleed of the whole system. My clutch is slightly soft as well but functional

·
Registered
35 Posts
Don't forget there is a bleeder in the master cylinder resevoir itself. I usually find it easier to bleed small bubbles from there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well finally got this problem to my mechanic and he had a Yoyodyne Overthruster he could install. So as of now everything is good.

·
Registered
124 Posts
May do that in the future BUT...... went on and did a full clean, flush and bleed and must say the difference has been big. Also a another benefit is N is a lot easier to find now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts