Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After changing my clutch lever (06 749), I noticed that the rear wheel starts to spin when I put the bike in gear even when the clutch lever is pulled in (bike is on stands). It's easy to stop the wheel, so that means the clutch is only engaging lightly. Is this ok, or should there be no engagement at all with the lever pulled in?

·
Registered
171 Posts
After changing my clutch lever (06 749), I noticed that the rear wheel starts to spin when I put the bike in gear even when the clutch lever is pulled in (bike is on stands). It's easy to stop the wheel, so that means the clutch is only engaging lightly. Is this ok, or should there be no engagement at all with the lever pulled in?
There will always be some friction between the plates so yes, it's normal. Especially on a stand.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you can easily find neutrueal in the gearbox then all is good!

I did the 30.5mm slave cylinder On my 749 and it reduced effort and increase modulation DRAMATICALLY
As Esrom said- "can you easily find neutral?" If you can find neutral while sitting at a stop light without doing all sorts of tap dancing with your left foot, I'd say your clutch and all are fine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey JoeP,

Did you ever get the clutch drag sorted out? I meant to tell you that often times replacement clutches need a longer push-pin to actuate the clutch properly. This is the tiny pin that pushes into the rubber plunger of the mechanism on the handle bar. To compensate for the short pin, riders will adjust the clutch lever travel all the way out.
Even if you used the stock Ducati pin, the new clutch lever may be designed differently just enough so that the pin doesn't actuate the clutch properly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All good. There was air in the clutch lines-- right under the screw at the bottom of the reservoir. Removed the screw, burped out the air bubble, everything's fine again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts