Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a fairly tricky spacer (#13) to get on and off... do any of you have tips or advice on the best way to do so? It's so tight that it seems to be a two-person job to get the clutch drum off.

Before I break out the rubber mallet and a big socket to get it back on I thought I would check here to see if I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Yea, it can get stuck on there sometimes. But I've never had a problem pulling the basket or hub out. However, I generally start at a position where the engine can turn over freely. If you're near TDC on either cylinder, you may not be able to wiggle the basket enough to get it off.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys...

Dutch, I already re-installed it, but before doing so I looked closely and could see no difference from one side to the other. I tried it both ways just in case. It's not beveled and doesn't appear to have a 'square' side and 'round' side.

I guess it's just a precision fit. I ended up pushing it back on with my steering stem bearing tool.

After buttoning everything up, I cranked her up for the fist time in in five months!

All is good!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts