Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ! this is my first post so just let me know if i do anything wrong... However my problem is I was trying to install my new rizoma pressure plates on

my ducati m1000 however i noticed that my push rod would not sit fully flush in the slave cylinder i believe, or in possibly its the other end pressure plate

would not fully sit on the teeth.. I lined it up properly with the alignments, even tried my old plate would go all the way back.... another thing I noticed was

my clutch lever was also hard as a rock now .... (during installation myGF pulled the lever) SO IDK what to do fellas? PLEASE HELP... should i bleed the clutch

take the slave cyclinder off? more or less I just want to install my new pressure plate !
1ST POST DONE! (IT FELT LIKE IT WAS MY FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!) LOLhttp://www.ducati.org/forums/images/smilies/BoomSmilie_anim.gif

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Undo the 3 screws on the slave not all the way but mostly. Install pressure plate.

In rotating order tighten the screws little by little

Assuming the pushrod is seated into the plate bearing correctly of course,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SO HEY GUYS, i did what you said and bleed the clutch which allowed tfor my push rod to seat correctly.. however my new problem is that shifting does not feel 100 percent smooth and i stall sometimes when i put the bike in first gear.. any ideas?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Sounds like your clutch is grabbing, not fully disengaging so when you put it in gear it grabs enough to stall you. Could be you need to bleed it more, or perhaps your stack height isn't correct, or the plates aren't in the right order.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey Guys ! SOOOO I don't know if this is the right place to post this but i thought it was along the line of problems I've had while getting this pressure plate done right....

However, off to my question.... I have a Ducati Monster 1000s and i was in the process of bleeding my brakes thus after watching multiple videos i became confused ..... Do all bikes (especially mine) have a master cylinder, if so would it just be another nipple like screw near my clutch handle?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I hesitate to make an absolute statement like that but I would say most bikes, especially most modern hydraulic bikes, have both a master (at the lever) and a slave (near the actuator). Your clutch master should be attached to your clutch lever and yes, another bleed screw (nipple).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey fELLAs

So I finally bled the clutch and all, except now when i change into to first gear I no longer hear that clunk, when i push down into first gear it makes no clunk. I hardly need to put any pressure and it slides into firsst,, it doesn't seem like its clicking in tho... also i stall out... it feels loose, if you will.. Normally u know when u change into first,, it feels like its not engaging please helps brotherq

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Do you have adjustable levers? If so, move the lever to the farthest position away from the bars and give it a try.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes I do, I've tried that as well... the lever has a good amount of pull, same as before I installed a new P plate... how much is the pressure plate supposed to move when the clutch is pulled?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts