Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012, ducati 848 superbike, 2014 Ducati 1199R
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my bike into the centre of town last weekend, on the display it showed air temp at 40-41C with engine temp around 104-106C. It has recently had its 15,000Km (Feb 2015) service approx 200km ago & I’ve had no issues. Brake & clutch fluids were replaced during this service.
I was stuck in heavy traffic and basically was moving with the cars, unable to weave through the traffic. Initially the clutch was biting around mid-lever position. However as time progressed it appeared to change bite point. Whilst stuck at lights it was always in neutral so I only ever held it by the clutch when in very slow moving traffic or short stops.

Towards the end of the 45minute ride which covered only about 10km the clutch even fully pulled in did not stop the bike from crawling forward. Could a combination of hot weather, no air flow, constant use of the clutch cause this to happen. On the way back out the traffic was a lot lighter & it did not repeat the problem.

Other bits of info, the bike stands for several weeks at a time without getting used, then over a weekend I will put on 250-300km. Then it is stored again under a bike cover with trickle charger & rear wheel stand.

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
Sounds like pressure build up in the system possibly due to the excess heat of sitting in traffic. I've experienced similar but mine was due to an aftermarket lever not allowing the pressure release to be fully opened so pressure built up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.