Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations on a clutch slave cylnder?

YoYo Dyn, Evolution, ect?

I'm getting carpal tunnel syndrome in my left hand :yo:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Most of the dealers - including So Cal Ducati - carry the STM.

The 'official' aftermarket slave is the Ergal. You can find it in the Ducati accessory catalog, part no. 966205AAA.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I put on an MPL 30mm unit. It looks and works great. Can't comment about the other aftermarket brands as I've not used them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I did the Evoluzione. But I know Yoyodyne makes some great quality things too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I contacted MPL directly off of e-bay and they sent me a black one for $148 USD w/ shipping. Here is a pic of it installed. Never experienced the Ducati clutch pull and figured why for 150 bucks!! ($150 $20,000 $150 $20,000 cheap fix and looks great!) My 96 900rr has a harsher pull than the 1098 w/ MPL clutch slave.
First time Ducati owner zero stalls worth every penny.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
The e-bay site claims its approx. $157.29 US, with a 17 Euro shipping charge (approx. $22.92). I have seen them here in the states for about $174.00. which may be just as easy and cost effective. How did you get it for $148.00 with shipping?
TIA
F

·
Registered
15 Posts
This was about a month and a half ago. I contacted the seller thru e-bay and asked how much with shipping and the reply was as below. OOOPS $143

Pay Me With PayPal

Dear ############

MPL-Tuningparts Ltd. ([email protected]) would like to be paid through PayPal.

Pay MPL-Tuningparts Ltd. now with PayPal!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invoice
MPL-Tuningparts Ltd.
Schulsteig 4
23858 Heidekamp
Deutschland
+49 04533798352
[email protected]
Qty Description Unit Price Amount
1 Ducati Clutch slave cylinder black 125,00 125,00

Subtotal: $125,00
Shipping: 18,00
Currency is in US-Dollar (USD) Total: $143,00 USD
Note:Dear #####,
many thanks for your order.
After your payment we send you this part asap.
BR
Heike
MPL-Tuningparts Ltd

·
Registered
116 Posts
MPL update!!! Bought an MPL clutch slave back in the end of April from Paul Geller at Ducati Designs. I have about 2500 miles on the 1098 and the slave started leaking at the three o'clock position of the outter collet nut. E~mailed Paul on Sat. afternoon about the Prob. and he responded within an hour saying "MPL is my problem not yours, still need red? One is on the way" Tracked shipment and should be here today Thurs. less than a week. people like this are hard to find, a dieing breed. This is the best service I've seen in years, someone that takes care of the customer the way that I take care of mine with my business. I am Not affiliated with him in any way(just a customer) but a customer for as long as he's in business. I would recommend this company to everyone. No games, just GREAT SERVICE.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
The Evoluzione slave has three o-rings and a 10 year guarantee.

Install it and forget it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The MPL was leaking from the outter cap, not bypassing the Piston/plunger. Your pic shows the piston.Plus a warranty is only as good as the retailer. Proven results with ZERO headache.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
OK, The Evoluzione slave is billet so it doesn't have a cap that can leak.....Just an observation.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I'm going to buy STM when the time comes.

Jason

·
Registered
17 Posts
duc10.98 said:
...Plus a warranty is only as good as the retailer. Proven results with ZERO headache.
just curious - did you have a problem with our company that was not taken care of? i take customer service very seriously and if someone is not doing their job i need to know.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just telling of a positive result with the retailer I dealt with. I still have the old (and new) unit in my possesion. From experience, most companies do not warranty with advance exchange, sight unseen, solely from an e~mail. This exchange went as follows: Units defective. O.K. another is on the way. Thats unheard of in todays business world. It's usually said, "We have to inspect for abuse or misuse" Or "The factory has to check for tampering"These are things I have encountered with other retailers on other products in and out of the motorcycle industry. Never dealt with your company nor am I saying anything about your company. It was just a BREATH OF FRESH AIR NOT TO BE HASSLED ABOUT A WARRANTY ISSUE. There is SOOOOO much negative on this site that I get hassled for stating a positive experience GO FIGURE!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts