Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does anyone know if the clutch slave cylinder on the 1098 is the same as those made for earlier model Duc's, example 999/749's? I know for a fact that I was able to use the same clutch slave cylinder that was on my 996, on my 999 and on my girlfriends Monster 620 as well. I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, the clutch push rods in late model Duc's were either of short or long design, thus leaving only two real choices in terms of which clutch slave cylinder would work on your bike. If you had the slave cylinder designed for a short rod engine, you would need an adaptor to make it work on the long rod engines. The slave unit designed for the long rod engine would work on either or.

Anyhow, that's mod number two for me, as I hate the dreaded "Ducati-wrist". My slave of choice is MPL Tuning out of Germany! Beautiful part, which substantially reduces clutch pull effort! I’ve also had Evo’s but the MPL in my opinion was easier to install (bleed) and easier on the wrist. Takes less than 30min to install, and is without a doubt the best $130~ you can ever spend on a Duc!

Those of you whom have never had an aftermarket clutch slave cylinder on a Ducati, YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF TO GET ONE ASAP! You won’t regret it!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, you really had to dig this one up huh? I posted this in January! Needless to say, this was posted prior me even seeing the 1098's motor, so I had no idea if Ducati made any changes to the clutch system... Thanks anyways...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts