Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If fluid is coming slowly out of the pee hole is this a sign that the slave is bad ? never seen this before thats why i'm asking this stupid question...:(

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Didn't you just swap the push rod o rings and seals? Can't remember if that was you or someone else on the ST3 section.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't you just swap the push rod o rings and seals? Can't remember if that was you or someone else on the ST3 section.
,,I did,but on my return home it had leaked out.I went ahead and removed the slave and out of the pee hole came fluid and while pulling the lever you can see and hear it escaping,fawk.Looking part # 195.4.003.1A ,may as well replace it.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Why don't you spend the bux and buy an aftermarket slave instead? The OEM slaves are garbage, the piston has major sealing issues, which is why everyone has air trapped in their system. The aftermarket slaves are larger piston, which means easier pull on the lever and a better sealing system on the salve itself, so no more trapped air in the system.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Get VFR's 1098 slave for cheap, and it'll work just fine. When that goes out eventually, I'll give you my stock 1198 one also for cheap. You'll get a few years out of those. They're not as bad as Tye makes them sound. Mine has less than 4000 mile on it and is about 3 years old.

Reactions: Tchase

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
+1 I have the silver Oberon which is a pretty good match as far as looking stock. I never really had an issue with the OEM slave but decided to upgrade. I found clutch pull to be slightly easier, especially in town and in traffic.

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
Saying the oem is garbage? TYe says so it must be true..

I wonder how in the world I have over 30k miles out of mine..
Not really a fair comment.

I have over 74 000 km on mine but have known quite a few people who had to and some who chose to change them.

Lots like the soft cock option of large bore easy pull clutch.

Maybe you and I were lucky. actually I know I was.. My brother went through an original then a genuine replacement to an aftermarket on his ST2..

He would agree they are shyte.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.