Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 ducati streetfighter 1098 .10k Miles on bike it has an open clutch cover,I washed the bike took it for a ride and the clutch started slipping.i haven't pulled it apart yet .Anybody have any in site on it.im a little stumped on this one.thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
If it's a stock clutch, it's probably rusted from the water. These bikes don't like to get wet at all, especially with the open dry clutch. I'd simply pull the stack out and measure it, that will let you know if it's worn.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I think Tuned is right. Once these clutches get wet the steel plates start to rust and that plays hell with the clutch. I have had to take mine apart and kit the steel plates with a scotch brite pad.

This is also a good time to check the stack height, as Tye suggested. If it is too thin your clutch will start to slip.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
sounds about right but check the manual. sorry I only have one for the 1198. according to the manual (friction) plates on the 1198 less than 2.8mm are out of spec.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
10 00 miles

And it's rooted?

Pics of plates please

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll take a pic tonight. Any body know what a in spec clutch fibre measures.i don't have a shop manual .thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.