Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Ducati 1198 with about 9000 miles on it. My clutch went out and after I bled it, i noticed the bubbles did not stop...but there was clutch pressure.

With the engine running, I would have the motorcycle in neutral and pull in the clutch. When I pulled it in fast, there was a quick squeal/annoying whistle...when I pulled it in slow, it sounds like upon engaging there was a squeal that can be described as friction/grinding at a annoyingly high pitch.

I bled it with a mityvac and went through about 6-8 cylinders of dot 4 fluid and the bubbles kept coming. I could not find an external leak and I was wondering if there was an internal one.

I have not pulled off the clutch cover and inspected and cleaned it out....yet, but I plan to do that on my days off this week.

Anyone know what this might be???

Thanks,

-Ollie

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
Check the bearing in the pressure plate. If it is locked up it may be spinning the rod which will heat the fluid in the slave and cause bubbles etc.

May be where the squeal is coming from. :confused:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
If you have some small air bubbles coming through the mighty vac it is ok. The air is seeping through one of the connections where the plastic tubing meets another part. If the clutch feel is normal and not soft then you do not have any more air in it. The squeal is probably coming from the friction plates being worn or dirty. I would take them apart clean them and inspect. If they are not large enough then replace them. If they look ok put them back in and see if the noise went away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts