Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to pull my clutch today to clean them out and found this. I don't know exactly what the measurements are but it looks like im going to need a new clutch plates. Any recommendation? stock basket is still good so all i need is the plates for a non slipper clutch and under a budget.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
From what I can see in the pictures those plates look fine to me. Usually the tabs wear out long before the lining is gone. Put it back together and use it some more. :D

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
The top picture looks like you have pad cracking. It's so hard to tell in the image however. If the pad material is flush all the way around and the individual pads stick up from the disk material by an even amount, then you should be fine. Again, hard to tell from the pictures.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No pad cracking on any of them just dirty and seems like there not much pad left. What's the minimum stack thickness, is it 36mm?

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
There's not much pad height to begin with.

As EL suggested - the tabs on the alloy friction plates and the slots in the alloy basket are the wear point on these dry clutches. It's these developing too much clearance, with obvious signs of 'hammering' that will generally dictate replacement.

Of both friction plates and basket (or housing). They should get up to around 30,000 kms with mainly road use, depending on how you ride and change gear of course! I replace them simultaneously. On my third set..

Cheapest friction plates I found are Motorize in Germany. They sell via Ebay, and are only about $130 + postage.

But you probably don't need them yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts