Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pics of my ss1000ds

Take a look at my ss1000ds which is about to become my dedicated track bike once my yellow 1098 arrives. I've been bitten by the track bug. Let's see pics of other supersports people are putting on the track. Oh, and please tell me how to put pics directly into this thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
:yo: NICE BIKE !!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not got those pretty graphics on the side, but I like her and she'll be my everyday bike once the 1098s arrives.

I thought it was us Brits who had large houses and small cars???

Attachments

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
always likes the Supersports

Great pics, I've got a 2001 750 Sport here. I won't show a better pic as it shows the toll of 45 000 km, a large portion of which were ridden on the ten Km of gravel roads between my house and the nearest highway. I have a 1098 sitting in the dealers showroom I won't see until I get home from this six week work jaunt. First upgrade will be the longer rear fender because of that gravel issue I have to contend with every ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
newly acquired

just got this at the first of the month, 900 supersport, i added the headlight/numberplate, but someone else gets the credit for the motor/frame work

front forks modded by racetech, rear ohlins, high comp. pistons, heads ported and smoothed converted to monoposto, dynojet commander, carbon race cans, carbon fender, body work removed and sold to pay for upgrades, ima triple clamps, what a blast to ride!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
And my 1998 SS/CR. This is the "workhorse", that is, the bike I ride the most. I was going to convert it to a track-only bike, but now am going to sell it to finance a purchase of an 848.

Attachments

·
Registered
944 Posts
looking for a mid 90's SS/SP. Haven't been able to close a deal yet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Okay this thread needs some attention, so here it is my MY2000 SS900

and little older one with the stock but cored, polished and shortened exhaust cans, that won me 1st place in the Ducati Idol Sound Contest DDD 2005

·
Registered
4 Posts
650 miles and it was time since I bought it for hte track..Unfortunately I had on original tires and it rained :( Most of the shots were pretty boring but here are two that at least give ya a look..

and a trackside conversation :)

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
Okay this thread needs some attention, so here it is my MY2000 SS900

and little older one with the stock but cored, polished and shortened exhaust cans, that won me 1st place in the Ducati Idol Sound Contest DDD 2005
Very nice, love the half faired look. My girlfriend is after me to restore my 2001 Sport dark for her to ride, She'll have to reallly persuade me though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks Raptuous. I have it since it was new. I've put a great deal of time and money into the ol girl. It's gonna be a shame to sell her, but thats what Im gonna do. I picked up a 1098, so my wife has beaten me down to keeping just one, unfortunately. It will be a sad day indeed, :bawling:

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
Ironic, my girlfriend would prefer me to sell the 1098 (envisions my early demise) but knows me not having an SS in the garage is not happening until I can't afford food. About a month after i got my 1098 I changed my mind about selling the SS, realizing that they are such different bikes one couldn't replace the other. There's just something that feels so "right" when I sit on an SS, but the 1098 can take me to places no aircooled ever will. If you read Cycle World Peter Egan has sold and bought back his SS a number of times, I'll just hold onto mine and skip the withdrawl.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts