Ducati.org forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You will have to use the 1098/1198 throttle bodies.
If you have pre 2000 916/996, the throttle linkage has to be reversed to work over the frame.

The stock harness and ecu will work except for tps and injector connections.

Tom in Sweden can provide the EPROM required and is a hell of a nice guy as well.
I play with programming EPROMs as well, but am not going to provide them since Tom rightfully deserves that business.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'll have the first production airbox by the weekend!

And the injector holders are now being copied for cnc machining. It took me at least 12 hours of work just to manually machine the first pair!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Lookin' good.

Must be nearly ready to fire it up?

What's next? Tuning?
Everything is accounted for. I sent some pieces I machined out to be copied. Once I have my originals back, I can assemble everything for the last time.

I have hooked it up to laptop diagnostics to check everything before starting. So far, so good!

Then sync, set trim, and roll it onto the dyno!

·
Registered
614 Posts
nice, looks like a great little kit you have made lameshaft. if I was doing testa into 996 conversion I'd buy one for sure. :)

even if just to save myself the hassle of mucking around with fibreglass. nothing worse than absent mindedly scratching your nuts after working with glass... :( itchy balls for a week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey I hate to revive a dead thread but where did this end up going, did you ever decide to produce the air boxes? I would like to look into getting one of these air boxes or the molds if they are still available.
The engine is my 748 croaked and I have a means to swap a 1098s engine into my old frame.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts