Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved back to Sydney, Australia from the US where I brought the Streetfighter. Does anybody know how to convert the speedo from miles to kms?

Are there any Duc riding groups that meet up for ride in the weekends?

Eric

·
Banned
263 Posts
no idea

but i used these figures with my old HT kinga which was im MPH and was good

35mph = 60kmhr
43mph = 70kmhr
50mph = 80kmhr
60mph = 100kmhr

easy to remember and never got a ticket

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Just looked through the manual for you, sadly it doesn't list any means of changing the units. In fact there appears to be different displays for "EU, CND, FRA, JP" ( ie - metric) versions and "UK, USA" versions (imperial).

My guess is that it may need an ECU re-programme or some such at the dealer.....bummer.

On a brighter note there are plenty of us Sydney-siders up for ride / trackdays throughout the year.

Check out the "Australia" sub-section of this forum and go and introduce yourself..

cheers

jdw

·
Registered
9 Posts
With the bike off, hold down the Mode Down button and the pass high beam button and turn the key on, this should allow you to get into a menu to change it. When in this menu you will have to hold the select button to select something, not just a quick press.
It may be just the Mode Down button or the combination, not positive but give it a try. If you can't figure it out ill be able to tell you for sure tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
With the bike off, hold down the Mode Down button and the pass high beam button and turn the key on, this should allow you to get into a menu to change it. When in this menu you will have to hold the select button to select something, not just a quick press.
It may be just the Mode Down button or the combination, not positive but give it a try. If you can't figure it out ill be able to tell you for sure tomorrow afternoon.
Well said but if anyone has trouble doing this: I called Desmoporsche and asked for service and the guys there couldn't have been better. Walked me through it and had it figured out in minutes. Great guys! :yo:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the button combination

Depress the mode and high beam button then turn key on. Change locale with mode and to save setting flip the kill switch. That's all there is to it.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hmm mine is changed differently.

I have a Canadian bike. This is how I change mine. You push and hold the mode button up, then turn on the ignition. Select units. Then change countries. My bike is a CND bike, when I select USA it changes it to Miles.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
10,729 Posts
I personally don't wear a speedo while operating a motorcycle. The sliding back and forth turns it into a thong......flossy!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts