Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2006 ST3Setc (The Crimson Flash) has been in my garage for two months. I just returned from a month of that time away in Arizona. It has not been ridden at all since some time in October, before I took possession of it on November 1. IOW, I'm a stranger to it beyond a cursory going-over of it when it was delivered to me on November 1. At that time, I validated the obvious items on the 7,500 mile service record that came with it and all was good.

Upon my return from Arizona last Thursday the air table the bike sits on was clean. I ran it that evening by way of a greeting for about 5 minutes. That generated no puddle at the time but when I went to the garage this morning I found a small puddle of pink fluid under it that I take to be coolant. The puddle is no bigger than a 50-cent piece, and thin.

The drip falls from the engine (transmission?) case, left side, right at the turn to vertical from the bottom, very near the front. It is NOT from any visible joint or seam down there. The bike has not been ridden since last fall, so the drip is driven by gravity alone, not the wind, and it is no remainder from a sloppy service. AFAIK, the hoses are all original: 2006.

Before I go to pulling fairing bits and other pieces to find the leak I figured I could get some hints here on where to start looking. Where would be easiest?

Pilgrim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oddly enough I too have a coolant leak on my ST2 that i cant quite locate. Be curious to see what you find.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oddly enough I too have a coolant leak on my ST2 that i cant quite locate. Be curious to see what you find.
Find? Hah! I had all the plastic off and still found nothing. However, as of today, 70 miles later, there's still nothing. Tomorrow morning will tell the tale: magic.
Pilgrim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts