Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello lucky 1299 riders !!

Appreciate if you can share your thoughts on the cornering ABS. Especially interested from those that have actually experienced it in "action".

Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Even a ton of the testers of the 1299 could bring themselves to grabbing a handful of brake in a serious corner.

The ones that did described it as being almost inexplicable in that the bike just seems to "stand up" and it is very manageable.

I personally will be demoing this feature on my 1299S, unless something goes drastically wrong.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Wouldn't be surprised if MCN did it. Pretty sure they tested the ABS on the Fireblade when it first came out. In sand.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wouldn't be surprised if MCN did it. Pretty sure they tested the ABS on the Fireblade when it first came out. In sand.

I was just scanning the reviews I read, and I think it was one of the video commentary interviews that did it... May very well have been MCN.

Personally, I think all of the other electronic aids are track tools, but the cornering ABS is off in level 1. A lot of guys that are WAY beyond my wildest dreams of riding don't want ABS to intervene while trail braking or whatever.

Coming from I4s (had 1 VTwin Aprilia for a bit - a Shiver, when I was trying to "slow down" a bit), I find that I've misjudged corner entry speeds on multiple occasions. So as far as I'm concerned, this is a good thing for me right now. I got off of the "I don't need the electronic intervention telling me how to ride" trip a looong time ago.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Cornering ABS sure would take the fun out of your weekend - IF you use your brakes in corners.

Its a safety item but if you need it you should be on the track.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks DLIT for the link but I could not find it.. although in search of it i found the one below that was very helpful...

Why Motorcycle Stability Control systems matter - Common Tread - RevZilla

The bottom line with any ABS is that it is only going to be needed in an emergency.. that can happen on street or track. So, for those of us who are not Gods like Rossi, we need it!

Now we have cornering ABS, even better!

For sure I don't want to divert this thread to the benefits of ABS, but specifically, interested in any and all experiences by 1299 riders who actually experience it in action.

Bosch (the supplier that Ducati uses for the 1299) claims it as something that will not "standup" the bike. Great! but how does it work in real life. Only this group will know.. over time that is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts