Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have bought a pair of 848 wheels for my ST4 cafe racer project. I desperately need the correct captive spacers, from what I can see the spacers need to be the same thickness as I have the same space on both sides of the wheel when the bearings are in place. I have taken a picture (without the rubber seals) to show you what I need. Some captive spacers I've seen on the internet have a different thickness for each side so I'm not sure this is correct. please help.

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Court Jester
12,112 Posts
I know the spacer are different not sure on the bearings. Once spacer is much larger in width.

·
Registered
503 Posts
What forks are you using? ST4 or 848
I'm not familiar with this retrofit is it supposed to be a direct swap?

The axle is used as a spacer on the free leg that is why the spacer is smaller. The captive leg has the centering spacer (large spacer).

·
Court Jester
12,112 Posts
What forks are you using? ST4 or 848
I'm not familiar with this retrofit is it supposed to be a direct swap?

The axle is used as a spacer on the free leg that is why the spacer is smaller. The captive leg has the centering spacer (large spacer).
Tadashi can you explain the "captive leg" I always get confused which side the bigger one goes on if memory serves me it goes on the left side?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Tadashi can you explain the "captive leg" I always get confused which side the bigger one goes on if memory serves me it goes on the left side?

Yes left side with the larger spacer

"Captive spacers" usually refers to spacers that don't fall out when the wheel is removed.

"Captive fork/leg" is the fixed fork that does not float on the axle. Captive side is fixed the other side is used to line up the forks.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have 1198 forks with 848 wheels. still not 100% sure what spacers to get. Thanks in advance!!!

The spacers shown above will work well. Motowheels, one of our vendors here sells a black lightweight aluminum spacer for around $17 -15 after forum discount

http://motowheels.com/i-7578938-corse-dynamics-lightweight-front-wheel-spacer.html

Not sure why they only have one side of the spacer, you can contact them to see if they sell the other side.

Or you can always find the OEM ones on eBay

Fast frank racing sells them for 45

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.