Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a couple threads covering some of this, but most are pretty old, so my question now is this...

Corse guys...What are you using for tuning your ECU?

I am installing an Arka slip-on system and had planned on installing a Microtec ECU and having it dyno tuned, but had it confirmed that Microtec is not an option for a Corse.

Have you installed a Power Commander, Bazzaz, had your ECU reflashed, gone the TuneBoy route, used JPDiag or just left it alone....Whats my best option here?

·
Registered
248 Posts
so, i did a buttload of research...and then decided to sell my bike!

JPDiag is great if you just want to improve your stock tune a little. He will send you a couple of maps (DP w/ Slipons specific for 848 EVO Corse so you retain DTC, DQS etc) and the software to upload to your bike for...i think $125USD or so. then it's just $10 worth of cables and you're away.

ECU flashing is just a more expensive, annoying version of the above. you have to pull your ecu and post it away, and will cost you at least double the above for the same end result (or you can probably take it into a shop to reflash but will still cost at least double the JPDiag route). and then you have to hit up a dealer for the TPS reset anyway...more $$$

if you're serious about fueling, tuning direct to the ECU is hands down the best option - unfortunately it's also the most expensive. a Tuneboy system will set you back $600-ish, which, once installed and dyno'd, means you're looking at closer to $1000 when the dust settles.

which leaves PCV & Bazzaz. the age-old question of which is better will echo into eternity no doubt, but both do the job. i went with the cheapest option i could find at the time (Bazzaz) but decided to sell my bike before installing it...so here's a shameless plug for my ad in the Parts section!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
which leaves PCV & Bazzaz. the age-old question of which is better will echo into eternity no doubt, but both do the job. i went with the cheapest option i could find at the time (Bazzaz) but decided to sell my bike before installing it...so here's a shameless plug for my ad in the Parts section!
Which is why I am asking about your Bazzaz in the parts section...

·
Registered
248 Posts
hahaha! never been very good at joining the dots!

oh well, in the interests of full disclosure, I actually went with JPDiag before hooking up a dyno power run just to check the AFR. ended up being all over the shop...which is why i ended up with the Bazzaz.

JPDiag's real benefits are actually in the non-fuel related things - you can pull error codes, clear your service light, change the temp your fans come on, change the dash message, reset your TPS and so on - it's a quality bit of kit for not much cash. beats sending off your ECU to be flashed no question.

anyway, hopefully other Corse owners chime in with their 2c!

·
Registered
235 Posts
My bike is still stock. One reason is I haven't heard of anything working yet. It's been over a year since I've done any research. I've been saving my pennies and I'm close to picking up slip-ons. I'm looking at either FMF or Arrow. The few people I've talked to said to look into Bazzaz and Rexer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts