Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, Sedici, I really appreciate that. However, we weren't expecting any blessings from the Desmosedici crowd on this build. We felt doing this to one of these was like turning a Shelby Cobra into a lowrider car. But, the customer wanted something different and told us to do whatever we wanted. So, this is what we had up our sleeve at the time. It was a really fun bike to ride in this configuration, though. Thanks again,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For most people including myself, yes, it seems shameful to cut up a Desomosedici RR. However, not so much for the guy who owns this one. He owns five of them, including the flat track style one built by Roland Sands. To him, this was a must. Think about it...if you could have five of them, would you want them all to be the same? Plus, I've ridden a bunch of these things...trust me, if you rode this bike, your opinion would change. On the street, you would be hard pressed to find a more fun bike to ride.
Look at it like this. Since these bikes were so limited in production, him doing this to one of them will only make yours worth more. Cheers!

·
Registered
378 Posts
This bike is creative, but I think it has an identity crisis. It has an old-school cafe racer tail and seat and front fender, chromed tube frame, enduro style guards and front number plate, billet aluminum wheels, MotoGP swingarm and engine and suspension, streetfighter style exhaust... all of those are great, but doesn't seem to work well on the same bike.

My recommendation to improve with minimal work is a more modern looking custom tail section, much flatter bars with shorter risers and no hand guards, and a shorter number plate (for lack of a better term... perhaps flyscreen or headlight is the right word.) This would create a streetfighter focus. Just my pinion, everyone has different taste, and nice project.

·
Registered
369 Posts
It wouldn't make sense to do this to a perfectly original bike, but what if it was a salvage? Giving it another life and very much another purpose as seen here is worth applauding for! (What is the history of this desmo?)

I think everything is very well done! Good job. The headlights and muffler are not my cup of tea but I like the bold direction you're taking to an otherwise untouchable and immortal bike.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.