Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Dzus fastener holding the cover must have worked itself loose while riding. I stopped the bike when I felt it on the small of my bike, but not before my toolkit fell out (road rashed now - but no big loss, there wasn't anything useful in there anyway)

So now everytime I ride, I'm worried about the cover falling off again. Is there a lockable cover which will keep the contents relatively secure? I guess I could replace the Dzus fastener with a screw, but something with a key would be great!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Dzus? My 1098S has a lock cylinder securing the cover.

·
Registered
531 Posts
The R is an all in one tail piece , with a little hatch thing ( not like the others )

....so gee, dude, dunno..... you cant put anything in there anyway.....um, so, glue the little fella closed maybe ?

·
Registered
144 Posts
You could cut some velcro pieces at put them at a couple of spots around the perimeter. Might hold you over for awhile...

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Are we talking the rear seat cowl here?:confused:

Jason

·
Registered
182 Posts
The Dzus fastener holding the cover must have worked itself loose while riding. I stopped the bike when I felt it on the small of my bike, but not before my toolkit fell out (road rashed now - but no big loss, there wasn't anything useful in there anyway)

So now everytime I ride, I'm worried about the cover falling off again. Is there a lockable cover which will keep the contents relatively secure? I guess I could replace the Dzus fastener with a screw, but something with a key would be great!
get a softer thicker robber washer so the fastener has more load on it and wont shake off, or leave a small tube of locktite in there and use it every time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts