Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On bike building forums they usually have a CL thread where people post good deals on completes or projects. Posted on CL from the US and usually for a good deal as well. And since this is a Ducati forum. all bikes/parts would be Ducatis.

Since there is already a for sale bikes/parts section this thread would only be for non members. Not all who owns a Duc is on a/this forum.
We all search CL so might as well post some good deals on here.. That is if I/you don't scoop them up first.

Here is my submission. Again not my bike or any association.

2008 Ducati 1098S w/VERY Low Mileage! MASTERPIECE of Fun!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Regardless, that's gotta be one of the best color schemes they ever came out with. A buddy of mine has that bike and it's damn good looking. Still love mine though.

GLWS for whoever is selling but I can never understand how these older bikes have so little miles... Kinda weird.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's a good deal, no one else?.

If that 08 1098s was around when I picked up my 09 1198. I bought in August of 2014 with only 727 miles on it with 2 owners already on the title, for the same price I paid for my 1198. I might own that 1 instead of the 1198.

Andrew I use to think the very low miles was weird as well, like they were scared or something. But as I get older I can understand. A younger guy/girl would drive the crap out of anything he/she could get their hands on to.

As you get older you have more toys and land to play with. And you start to really respect them not that we/you didn't when your younger. Just more pride. Again maybe not all, some people just throw there shit to the ground no matter the age.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think 1000 miles on an '08 1098S is just mental.

it's not a collector bike, so there is absolutely no reason to put less than 200 miles a YEAR on it. a YEAR. 200 miles is a something you should manage in a DAY, not a year.

and if you're riding a bike 1 day per year, I think hiring might be a more economical approach.

but, some people just gotta have a Ducati in the garage. more power to 'em!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe.. But I think the real reason why is. These bikes aren't cheep, kids aren't out buying these bikes.
Only 30+ year olds are and with the age comes life,mortgage, kids, big boats, toy haulers ect.

So one can image you want what you couldn't have when your younger, and by then life gets in the way..

·
Registered
995 Posts
And several people own more than one bike and so the mileage on one of them can seem low. And not everyone lives in an area where they can ride 12 months of the year.

Pjk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Since this has turned into a mileage thread :D I have three older Hondas, an 83, an 82, and a 74. NONE of them have more than 18,000 miles on them. The 74, last time I checked, had a few over 16,000.

·
Court Jester
12,076 Posts
Since this has turned into a mileage thread :D I have three older Hondas, an 83, an 82, and a 74. NONE of them have more than 18,000 miles on them. The 74, last time I checked, had a few over 16,000.
23k on my first engine, nearing 5k on my second :)

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
The combined total of my 5 bikes is 267,000K. The only one I didn't put em all on is my 89 FZR400. A couple I bought with 2000K on them and a year old. I had a 696 and in the 3yrs i rode it I only put 2500K on it. My wife put another 2500K on it before we sold it after owning it for almost 5yrs. I was ashamed of myself!!

I haven't actually ridden the 86 and 89 Limited Gixxers nor the 89 FZR in probably 15yrs as they've been crated and stored. I race the 04 Gixxer 600 so it only goes out a few times a year. The 848 is my constant companion.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought my bike with 727 in Aug last time I looked it had 1500+ on the odom. And it was away for a week while getting tuned in the last decent weather we had up here.

But we already have a miles thread so let me get back to the point of this thread.

Again not mine and I don't know the owner. I don't see a price and we know these models don't sell cheap.
Here you go.
2008 Ducati Desmosedici RR

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Seller is a member on here, his SN is darud35. Real name is Andrew, I just bought a Ohlins steering damper from him. he shipped out fast with great communication. Item was perfectly described.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts