Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello every one i just got my self a ducati 999 (2005)
Two days ago.

This bike have some extrange cranking issue. The Guy that sale the bike to me say that the bike need new Battery. In order to test drive the bike we have to jump start the veicle.

So the firt thing I did Was go out and Get, my self a new Battery . After i install the Battery the bike start ok. But only like 4 times in 30 minutes period, after that no more start. So i think the problem Was that the Battery Was to small in capacity even do is Was 12 volt 10 amp spect.

The Bike is charging ok When running 13.7 . The bike is not draining the Battery When is off . I testes with my multimiter.

So i decide to Get a bigger and more power full Battery.

I had to do a small modification to the plastic Battery case in order for the Battery to Fit in the bike .

Finally i install the new bigger Battery. And nothing no start. So i jump start the bike with my car and the bike start right amway.

So i did try 2 new batteries and end up with the same issue

So of i had more power the bike start with out a problem. But with the Battery alone i am getting cranking problems

Pleace advice año ideas??????

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
If the battery is the right spec, your charging circuit appears in good health, then I'd suspect your cables are suffering from corrosion and/or the connections.

After repeated attempts at starting you should be able to feel heat in the cables/areas that are problematic i.e. high resistance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the battery is the right spec, your charging circuit appears in good health, then I'd suspect your cables are suffering from corrosion and/or the connections.

After repeated attempts at starting you should be able to feel heat in the cables/areas that are problematic i.e. high resistance.
Thank you i will try to check cables and conections tomorrow after work. And post finding back here

1 - 5 of 5 Posts